Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No Mobile Data with CM11 - Villuminati 3232014 on SPH-D710BST- Going Insane!!

OP strawz

3rd April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have been searching for 2 days now, trying to find a solution for this. I recently updated my D710 to CM11 Villuminati. After update, I noticed that everything worked great, except I have no 3G or 4G data. I have scoured these forums looking for a solution that works, but to no avail. I read somewhere that having mismatched version, kernal, and modem can cause this, but not sure if that is correct.

Specs:
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: S: D710.10.S.FL24
Kernal: 3.0.64-CM-gb61a3d6
Last edited by strawz; 3rd April 2014 at 09:52 PM.
3rd April 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 89

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawz

I have been searching for 2 days now, trying to find a solution for this. I recently updated my D710 to CM11 Villuminati. After update, I noticed that everything worked great, except I have no 3G or 4G data. I have scoured these forums looking for a solution that works, but to no avail. I read somewhere that having mismatched version, kernal, and modem can cause this, but not sure if that is correct.

Specs:
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: S: D710.10.S.FL24
Kernal: 3.0.64-CM-gb61a3d6

It very well could be an md5 mismatch. Or a bad download.
Check md5 before flashing, make sure it matches.

I don't have service myself but, the 3G icon does pop up.
Also, No 4G on Android versions 4.3 and up.
3rd April 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Well I have tried multiple versions over the past few hours, all with no 3G, so I'm fairly certain the downloads are good. How would I check for an md5 mismatch? I'm pretty new this scene, forgive my lack of knowledge.
4th April 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 816

538 posts
Every download has an md5 hash listed underneath the link in the thread. Google md5 plus your OS and download an app to calculate the md5 of the zip you download and make sure they match.
4th April 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I checked the md5 I flashed against the one listed here, and they do match, but still no mobile data. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Does the kernal and/or baseband need to be a certain version for use with the Villuminati 4.4.2?
4th April 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 51

60 posts
More
Smile
Quote:

I checked the md5 I flashed against the one listed here, and they do match, but still no mobile data. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Does the kernal and/or baseband need to be a certain version for use with the Villuminati 4.4.2?

You are using an ICS modem correct?
The proper one for Boost is: FI22, NOT FL24. (That's Sprint!)
Get the FI22 modem here.
Then just flash via recovery and hopefully you'll have data! (No 4G though, Google removed support for our type of 4G with KitKat. )
Hope this helps!
4th April 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 89

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorei23

You are using an ICS modem correct?
The proper one for Boost is: FI22, NOT FL24. (That's Sprint!)
Get the FI22 modem here.
Then just flash via recovery and hopefully you'll have data! (No 4G though, Google removed support for our type of 4G with KitKat. )
Hope this helps!

Correction: Any ICS / Gingerbread baseband for this device will work even if it's not for said carrier.
I'm using FF18 (Sprint modem) on my Boost variant.
4th April 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Well I tried the FI22 anyway and still no luck. I opened the APNs and everything listed is Sprint. I don't know if this would make a difference or not, as I'm on Boost. On to Day 3 with no data...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 1.png
Views:	53
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	2668080  
4th April 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
Quote:

Well I tried the FI22 anyway and still no luck. I opened the APNs and everything listed is Sprint. I don't know if this would make a difference or not, as I'm on Boost. On to Day 3 with no data...

I am on Ting and I just flashed this ROM myself. I do have data. I flashed to Villuminati after first flashing ICS FL24 Rooted NoData from Rwilco's repository. I am not sure what the equivalent ROM for Boost is. I am guessing that means I have the FL24 ICS modem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread