Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 53,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Official Cyanogen Mod rom. How soon?

Tip us?

kortik9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Official Cyanogen Mod rom. How soon?

Hello, everyone!

Dunno if it was asked before or is it thу right place to ask this, but anyway:

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!

Rutr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortik9 View Post
Hello, everyone!

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!
Don't know if there will be an official build, but unofficial build by crpalmer works great.

kortik9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutr View Post
Don't know if there will be an official build, but unofficial build by crpalmer works great.
Yup, I saw that, just wondering if we will get official anytime soon.

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 1919

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello, everyone!

Thanks in advance!
I've never quite figured out why people get so hung up on "official"... When there is an official build of CM, it will still be me maintaining it and the only differences will be that:

* you'll get nightly and M builds which makes them more frequent
* you'll get slower device specific updates to the core software (right now I change it and build it, when it's official it can take weeks to get a change in the frameworks approved and you won't see it until it's approved).

that said, it will be official but doing so takes effort from me and from other people that are very busy and so all I can say is it isn't official yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kortik9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
I've never quite figured out why people get so hung up on "official"... When there is an official build of CM, it will still be me maintaining it and the only differences will be that:

* you'll get nightly and M builds which makes them more frequent
* you'll get slower device specific updates to the core software (right now I change it and build it, when it's official it can take weeks to get a change in the frameworks approved and you won't see it until it's approved).

that said, it will be official but doing so takes effort from me and from other people that are very busy and so all I can say is it isn't official yet.
Actually before creating this thread I saw your "unofficial" build thread and checked your profile to see if you are somehow connected to CM dev team, but you have no information in your profile. I don't like unofficial builds because often they have something tuned\installed\uninstalled, but I like how CM works and I don't want anything else, this is why I want official build. But in this case I think I should try your build, as you maintain official ones anyway.

Thanks for clarifying this!

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 1919

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Actually before creating this thread I saw your "unofficial" build thread and checked your profile to see if you are somehow connected to CM dev team, but you have no information in your profile. I don't like unofficial builds because often they have something tuned\installed\uninstalled, but I like how CM works and I don't want anything else, this is why I want official build. But in this case I think I should try your build, as you maintain official ones anyway.

Thanks for clarifying this!
Not necessarily having visibility into any framework changes I've made is a pretty reasonable concern. There's only one change that I have already submitted for review so nothing too magical going on behind the scenes. Everything else is available in my public git repos for anyone to verify.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vuciz
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Most of the time official builds start out as unofficial builds. At least that's what I've noticed.
Device: Moto G (LG-LS980)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
If I've helped you, please hit thanks!