Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply

[Q] Official Cyanogen Mod rom. How soon?

OP kortik9

4th April 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Hello, everyone!

Dunno if it was asked before or is it thу right place to ask this, but anyway:

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!
4th April 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortik9

Hello, everyone!

Dunno if it was asked before or is it thу right place to ask this, but anyway:

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!

Don't know if there will be an official build, but unofficial build by crpalmer works great.
4th April 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutr

Don't know if there will be an official build, but unofficial build by crpalmer works great.

Yup, I saw that, just wondering if we will get official anytime soon.
4th April 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,551
 
1,761 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortik9

Hello, everyone!

Dunno if it was asked before or is it thу right place to ask this, but anyway:

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!

I've never quite figured out why people get so hung up on "official"... When there is an official build of CM, it will still be me maintaining it and the only differences will be that:

* you'll get nightly and M builds which makes them more frequent
* you'll get slower device specific updates to the core software (right now I change it and build it, when it's official it can take weeks to get a change in the frameworks approved and you won't see it until it's approved).

that said, it will be official but doing so takes effort from me and from other people that are very busy and so all I can say is it isn't official yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer

I've never quite figured out why people get so hung up on "official"... When there is an official build of CM, it will still be me maintaining it and the only differences will be that:

* you'll get nightly and M builds which makes them more frequent
* you'll get slower device specific updates to the core software (right now I change it and build it, when it's official it can take weeks to get a change in the frameworks approved and you won't see it until it's approved).

that said, it will be official but doing so takes effort from me and from other people that are very busy and so all I can say is it isn't official yet.

Actually before creating this thread I saw your "unofficial" build thread and checked your profile to see if you are somehow connected to CM dev team, but you have no information in your profile. I don't like unofficial builds because often they have something tuned\installed\uninstalled, but I like how CM works and I don't want anything else, this is why I want official build. But in this case I think I should try your build, as you maintain official ones anyway.

Thanks for clarifying this!
4th April 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,551
 
1,761 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortik9

Actually before creating this thread I saw your "unofficial" build thread and checked your profile to see if you are somehow connected to CM dev team, but you have no information in your profile. I don't like unofficial builds because often they have something tuned\installed\uninstalled, but I like how CM works and I don't want anything else, this is why I want official build. But in this case I think I should try your build, as you maintain official ones anyway.

Thanks for clarifying this!

Not necessarily having visibility into any framework changes I've made is a pretty reasonable concern. There's only one change that I have already submitted for review so nothing too magical going on behind the scenes. Everything else is available in my public git repos for anyone to verify.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #7  
Vuciz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Skokie
Thanks Meter: 72
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Most of the time official builds start out as unofficial builds. At least that's what I've noticed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank