5,599,135 Members 35,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Gear real life experience

Tip us?

koalauk
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I am sure you ll enjoy your gg . I just bought one purely to be used when I am out on my motorbike as it will be alot easier to see who calls etc without reaching to my phone with gloves and stuff.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
HTC Blueangel 6.5.5 Dtwo
HTC HD Blackstone
and ZTE Blade by the morning
HTC Desire HD
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

NiHaoMike
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyuk View Post
I know this is a slightly callous thing to say, but suddenly watches have fallen into the bi-yearly replaceable category.

No longer are they finely hand crafted devices that merely tell you just the time (and sometimes the date), they are an extension of your phone. Generally my analogue time pieces would last me anywhere between 5-15 years. This is technology though and we all know it can become out of date very quickly. It's sad and I dislike this fact, but I know that in a year or two I will want to upgrade to keep up with the Jones'. Not just that, I guarantee the Note 6 won't support the original Gear.
Learn some basic electronics work and you'll be able to keep stuff running for much longer. That won't help with stuff that just get outdated to the point where they're no longer useful, but I don't see all that much application for more processing power in a watch. In a few years, just open it up and swap the battery with one purchased for a few dollars on a site like HobbyKing.
iOS: small selection of expensive devices, unfriendly to small developers and expert users
Android: wide selection of devices, very friendly to all developers and all users

Take your pick.

klau1
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
Learn some basic electronics work and you'll be able to keep stuff running for much longer. That won't help with stuff that just get outdated to the point where they're no longer useful, but I don't see all that much application for more processing power in a watch. In a few years, just open it up and swap the battery with one purchased for a few dollars on a site like HobbyKing.
I don't need to know much about electronics to know that paying for Battery no matter how cheap, at HobbyKing or at the street corner against someone no longer useful is both immoral and illegal.

Please Thanks if it helped!

Tablet:
Kernel Version:
Build number:
Modifications:

NiHaoMike
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1 View Post
I don't need to know much about electronics to know that paying for Battery no matter how cheap, at HobbyKing or at the street corner against someone no longer useful is both immoral and illegal.
By the same logic, once the battery goes dead in your car, it's time to buy a new car because replacing the battery is "immoral and illegal". There's nothing wrong with trying to fix something you own.
iOS: small selection of expensive devices, unfriendly to small developers and expert users
Android: wide selection of devices, very friendly to all developers and all users

Take your pick.

Technobuffalos
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is truly an informative thread, thanks for all the detailed replies.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:

Maybe there is a language barrier issue, but Klau1, if it is your watch then of course you can replace the battery in it with a new one. This is not immoral or illegal in any way.

klau1
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordkram View Post
Maybe there is a language barrier issue, but Klau1, if it is your watch then of course you can replace the battery in it with a new one. This is not immoral or illegal in any way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(crime)

Please Thanks if it helped!

Tablet:
Kernel Version:
Build number:
Modifications:

Qwallace70129
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Lol. There is DEFINITELY a language barrier it seems.....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(electricity)

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tags
galaxy gear, scratch, waterproof