[Q] No IMEI after flashing custom ROM

3rd April 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have read almost all comments and advices but haven't found any working solution.

I started to play with Cyanogenmod ROMs on my Galaxy S I9000. I flashed CM 10.2.1 first and it worked fine. Then I tried to upgrade to CM 11 SNAPSHOT M4, everything fine. I switched back to CM 10.2.1 and repeated going there and back several times. Everything went fine until the phone did not connect to network after flashing CM11 and IMEI was "unknown".

I think I have tried all possible steps I found on the Internet (recovering EFS folder, going back to original firmware etc.), but I am lost in a cycle - I can flash original FROYO (2.2) with repartitioning, and connection to network is fine, IMEI is ok. I can upgrade it to the latest official version using Kies, IMEI ok. I root phone using CWM, everything fine. I flash custom firmware - no connection to network, IMEI lost. I always wipe cache etc between flashes.

Sometimes the lost IMEI reappears when I connect phone to the computer using USB cable, but it is lost again when I reboot. The phone also shows some minor issues like rebooting instead of turning off, showing battery icon when trying to turn it on etc.

Any idea what can cause this behavior?

Thank you!
4th April 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 118

487 posts
More
Did you also wipe system when going back to stock rom? if not then do full wipe including system wipe.
EDIT: flash stock gingerbread 2.3.6 then start from there.
Last edited by pryerlee; 4th April 2014 at 01:33 PM.
4th April 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryerlee

Did you also wipe system when going back to stock rom? if not then do full wipe including system wipe.
EDIT: flash stock gingerbread 2.3.6 then start from there.

Yes, I always run wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and format /system before flashing custom system.

The phone behaves the same if I flash Gingerberad directly or if I flash Froyo first and then upgrade it to Gingerbread using Kies. The only difference is that flashing Froyo is ok, but flashing Gingerbread with Odin complains about missing dbdata and I have to repair it (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2184403).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod, i9000, imei, unknown
Previous Thread Next Thread