Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does Stamina icon appear always regardless of activation setting

Tip us?

blue_quartz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Does Stamina icon appear always regardless of activation setting

Just wanted to confirm if this is normal or a bug... I have Stamina mode kicking in at 40% only, but the Stamina icon is always showing. In fact, I think Stamina mode for my phone is always on regardless of my activation setting because the estimated battery life is always in terms of days.

Is anyone else seeing the same behavior as I?

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_quartz View Post
Is anyone else seeing the same behavior as I?
If it's activated then obviously it will show all the time to show that is activated.

blue_quartz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
If it's activated then obviously it will show all the time to show that is activated.
The problem lies with the activation level being ignored.... guess there's a bug here then?

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_quartz View Post
The problem lies with the activation level being ignored.... guess there's a bug here then?
I don't think so, again, if stamina mode needs to be activated for it to kick in whatever the level you set it at, it's going to display the icon.

ghtop
Old
(Last edited by ghtop; 4th April 2014 at 04:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
I don't think so, again, if stamina mode needs to be activated for it to kick in whatever the level you set it at, it's going to display the icon.
This isn't how it works with JB, however - the old icon only appears when battery reaches the set level and the Stamina mode actually kicks in.

So yes, we can regard this as a bug in KK, or at least an oversight, like many half-baked features of this update from Sony.

blue_quartz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop View Post
This isn't how it works with JB, however - the old icon only appears when battery reaches the set level and the Stamina mode actually kicks in.

So yes, we can regard this as a bug in KK, or at least an oversight, like many half-baked features of this update from Sony.
Right, JB on my ZR only shows the Stamina icon when it's actually on, not when it's merely enabled. Unless the activation percentage level is actually completely broken, so enabling Stamina always means it's on in KK.

Hence my original question.

ro_explorer
Old
Thanks Meter 522
If that icon is bothering you so much, why don;t you just hide it ?
I personally keep stamina mode ON all the time and I created a white list with apps that are allowed to sync while the device is dormant.

The stamina icon is hidden from the statusbar.
Currently rocking:
Z1 compact - Stock
Nexus 4 - 16GB - Stock 4.4.2 + xposed
LG G Pad 8.3 - Stock + xposed
In-house: Nexus 7 - 32GB - (Stock 4.4.2 - rooted), RAZR i (stock 4.1.2 - rooted), Defy (MIUI) + Galaxy Tab 8.9 (ICS stock- rooted)

HAVIT bluetooth speaker review

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop View Post
Oh right, that answers that then. It's not something I've ever used tbh as I see it as a bit gimmikie.