Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does Stamina icon appear always regardless of activation setting

OP blue_quartz

3rd April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
More
Just wanted to confirm if this is normal or a bug... I have Stamina mode kicking in at 40% only, but the Stamina icon is always showing. In fact, I think Stamina mode for my phone is always on regardless of my activation setting because the estimated battery life is always in terms of days.

Is anyone else seeing the same behavior as I?
3rd April 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,452

7,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_quartz

Is anyone else seeing the same behavior as I?

If it's activated then obviously it will show all the time to show that is activated.
4th April 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

If it's activated then obviously it will show all the time to show that is activated.

The problem lies with the activation level being ignored.... guess there's a bug here then?
4th April 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Here =)

7,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_quartz

The problem lies with the activation level being ignored.... guess there's a bug here then?

I don't think so, again, if stamina mode needs to be activated for it to kick in whatever the level you set it at, it's going to display the icon.
4th April 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 53

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

I don't think so, again, if stamina mode needs to be activated for it to kick in whatever the level you set it at, it's going to display the icon.

This isn't how it works with JB, however - the old icon only appears when battery reaches the set level and the Stamina mode actually kicks in.

So yes, we can regard this as a bug in KK, or at least an oversight, like many half-baked features of this update from Sony.
Last edited by ghtop; 4th April 2014 at 05:40 PM.
4th April 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop

This isn't how it works with JB, however - the old icon only appears when battery reaches the set level and the Stamina mode actually kicks in.

So yes, we can regard this as a bug in KK, or at least an oversight, like many half-baked features of this update from Sony.

Right, JB on my ZR only shows the Stamina icon when it's actually on, not when it's merely enabled. Unless the activation percentage level is actually completely broken, so enabling Stamina always means it's on in KK.

Hence my original question.
4th April 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #7  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 574

1,364 posts
More
If that icon is bothering you so much, why don;t you just hide it ?
I personally keep stamina mode ON all the time and I created a white list with apps that are allowed to sync while the device is dormant.

The stamina icon is hidden from the statusbar.
4th April 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #8  
Flag Here =)

7,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop

Oh right, that answers that then. It's not something I've ever used tbh as I see it as a bit gimmikie.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread