Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What would I need to do in order to install Cyanogenmod?

OP iTzz_KAMIKAZE

5th April 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I have absolutely no experience with this phone, I only know how to use Odin. I plan on getting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and I want to install either clockworkmod or TWRP and install Cyanogenmod 11. If anybody knows how to do that and can give me step-by-step instructions I would greatly appreciate it very much.

Thanks!
5th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 16

89 posts
More
You can't. TWRP and clockworkmod don't work and we don't have a root method yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
5th April 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 117

175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzz_KAMIKAZE

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I have absolutely no experience with this phone, I only know how to use Odin. I plan on getting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and I want to install either clockworkmod or TWRP and install Cyanogenmod 11. If anybody knows how to do that and can give me step-by-step instructions I would greatly appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

If you truly want to do the above, then you need to buy the Google Play Edition S4 which has an unlocked boot loader or perhaps the Sprint version. Verizon & At&t has a locked boot loader. We do have root, recovery, & a plethora of custom roms, but you need to learn how, what & why. This guide has it all.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221

Read 3 times & flash once! Good luck.
Last edited by John The Rhino; 5th April 2014 at 04:02 AM. Reason: clarity
The Following User Says Thank You to John The Rhino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread