Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What would I need to do in order to install Cyanogenmod?

Tip us?

iTzz_KAMIKAZE
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] What would I need to do in order to install Cyanogenmod?

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I have absolutely no experience with this phone, I only know how to use Odin. I plan on getting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and I want to install either clockworkmod or TWRP and install Cyanogenmod 11. If anybody knows how to do that and can give me step-by-step instructions I would greatly appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

seedeh
Old
Thanks Meter 16
You can't. TWRP and clockworkmod don't work and we don't have a root method yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
If all else fails for you AT&T GS4 (i337) users check this out from ted77usa:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279
posts 1 and 2
odin back to stock

John The Rhino
Old
(Last edited by John The Rhino; 5th April 2014 at 03:02 AM.) Reason: clarity
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzz_KAMIKAZE View Post
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I have absolutely no experience with this phone, I only know how to use Odin. I plan on getting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and I want to install either clockworkmod or TWRP and install Cyanogenmod 11. If anybody knows how to do that and can give me step-by-step instructions I would greatly appreciate it very much.

Thanks!
If you truly want to do the above, then you need to buy the Google Play Edition S4 which has an unlocked boot loader or perhaps the Sprint version. Verizon & At&t has a locked boot loader. We do have root, recovery, & a plethora of custom roms, but you need to learn how, what & why. This guide has it all.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221

Read 3 times & flash once! Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to John The Rhino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]