Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Volume Up Button not working anymore

Tip us?

governmentissuejoe
Old
(Last edited by governmentissuejoe; 24th March 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Default Volume Up Button not working anymore

So I've had the phone 6 months without any issues. Today I notice the volume up button is not working anymore. Nothing has happened to the phone that I'm aware of since it was working yesterday. I do use the volume up a lot as I long press to skip music tracks frequently. Maybe this is what caused it? Anyone have this issue happen to them? Anyone know of a possible fix?

jaweinre
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by governmentissuejoe View Post
So I've had the phone 6 months without any issues. Today I notice the volume up button is not working anymore. Nothing has happened to the phone that I'm aware of since it was working yesterday. I do use the volume up a lot as I long press to skip music tracks frequently. Maybe this is what caused it? Anyone have this issue happen to them? Anyone know of a possible fix?
This has happened to me and a couple more people here in xda that i know of. It seems to be random and there's no easy fix to it. At least in my case, the internal button stoped working, looks like hardware issue.
Motorola Atrix HD Maxx [4.4.2][CM11 Nightlies]

denwaotoko
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm having the same problem, just stopped working out of the blue this morning...

Rather inconvenient, and doesn't seem like a cheap fix. Pretty frustrating to say the least.
Motorola Atrix HD - ProBAM, 1.2.4 Motorola Razr (XT910) - Artmod v4.3 SE, Motorola Droid 1 - kfazz Jellybean 4.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Stellar - Stock 4.1.2 Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Captivate - 4.2.2 SlimBean
Sharp IS12SH - Stock 2.3.3 Rooted
HTC Hero GSM - VanillaEclair 6.0