Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,961 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

System Data Filling Phone

Tip us?

Kawirider1228
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default System Data Filling Phone

I've searched and searched but can't figure out why my SD card keeps filling with this "system data" that disk scan says. The only way I've figured out how to clear it is factory reset and formatting the internal SD. Sadly it comes back over time. Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-04-16-49-55.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	2668723  

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirider1228 View Post
I've searched and searched but can't figure out why my SD card keeps filling with this "system data" that disk scan says. The only way I've figured out how to clear it is factory reset and formatting the internal SD. Sadly it comes back over time. Ideas?
What are the contents of /sdcard (internal storage) in terms of folders? Do you save CWM/TWRP backups to internal storage?
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

Kawirider1228
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
What are the contents of /sdcard (internal storage) in terms of folders? Do you save CWM/TWRP backups to internal storage?
That's why I posted the screenshot. You can see that CWM is in the top folder, small amount.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirider1228 View Post
That's why I posted the screenshot. You can see that CWM is in the top folder, small amount.
I honestly don't get this SS. I always use a file browser and seeing things in a list or folder makes it easier to decipher for me. Seeing it like how you have it displayed is confusing to me.

That said, the two places data typically resides are /data/media OR /sdcard when using a file browser. I see /0 on there as well, if you use JB 4.3+ then you'll want to check /data/media for any files that were redistributed there and also "reveal hidden folders" to see if anything is hidden away there. From experience, CWM/TWRP backups tend to take up the most space if you have numerous backups and so do pics, vids, and music as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable