5,596,066 Members 33,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MMM≥ - MoDaCo Mod for MOJO (root + Play Store mod)

Tip us?

tauntt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catz Nate View Post
If you're running the update from a USB, plug into the USB 3.0 port (won't work if you have it plugged into the USB 2.0 port).
I switched the port and still nada. Via the update it says syte up to date. Via the software upgrade it errors out saying can't write to sdcard/download/.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo View Post
I've rooted it and restored back using the firmware update 2 with no issue.
Also you can try copying the zip file to the internal 16GB storage? and run it from there.
Test the zip file on a desktop, make sure it can opens it might have errors on extraction due to symbolic links.
Can't copy anything. I have no file browser and can't sign in to the play store. I tried installing a apk via the crappy mail client that come with it, and it says can't handle apk's no app associated with apk's.

Mad Catz Nate
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntt View Post
I switched the port and still nada. Via the update it says syte up to date. Via the software upgrade it errors out saying can't write to sdcard/download/.
Download the file on a PC and put the file on the root directory of your thumb drive, then try plugging the USB 3.0 port again.

tauntt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
OK got another mojo. I think the old one didn't work cause of the setting I added the media_rw... anyways I updated the new one to 202. Ran the root, but I get the play store saying app anavailable to me device. I cleared the play store setting and same thing. Does the play store mod work with the updated play store? What else should I try? Thanks for your help. I still hate android hehe.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

OK I got it... I had to run root bat twice. Once it rebooted, unplug usb, plug usb back in with power. Run root again, unplug again, and we're good.