Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

extended batteries?

OP skepticmisfit

5th April 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
any of you use one? if so, what model? pretty sure the OEM 1500 MAh battery is dying
5th April 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #2  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 102
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I use about 3 dif ones Lol....anker 1800 ( came with wall charger), also a Samsung 1800 ( black, think its for different phone but it fits) and do use a thicker 2500 but its used with an extended back. I'll get u the links if u want but o found on eBay and amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
6th April 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #3  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs

I use about 3 dif ones Lol....anker 1800 ( came with wall charger), also a Samsung 1800 ( black, think its for different phone but it fits) and do use a thicker 2500 but its used with an extended back. I'll get u the links if u want but o found on eBay and amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

is this the black model you mentioned: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-1800mA.../dp/B005NC86BU

someone said that fits in an Epic 4G so who knows, might work in a fassy, but yeah. i'd rather have something OEM, i don't trust cheap chinese batteries
6th April 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #4  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 102
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Yes its from an Epic. I have never had a problem whatsoever with those "cheap Chinese" batteries . makes the phone thicker but its a good trade off for the life. I just looked on Amazon and surprised how many new ( and bigger) batteries are out now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
6th April 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #5  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs

Yes its from an Epic. I have never had a problem whatsoever with those "cheap Chinese" batteries . makes the phone thicker but its a good trade off for the life. I just looked on Amazon and surprised how many new ( and bigger) batteries are out now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

eh i just prefer having a samsung battery. and yeah the battery market for this phone is pretty huge because it's older and the chinese are banking off of the fact that
1. this phone is now three years old and OEM batteries are going to ****
2. replacements are extremely cheap to make, especially due to the lower MAh rate of the entire original Galaxy S line
7th April 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #6  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 102
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
8th April 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #7  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs

Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

eh i just prefer having a samsung battery. and yeah the battery market for this phone is pretty huge because it's older and the chinese are banking off of the fact that
1. this phone is now three years old and OEM batteries are going to ****
2. replacements are extremely cheap to make, especially due to the lower MAh rate of the entire original Galaxy S line

i have once using anker 1800 mah battery... it's last longer than my old oem fassy battery... but problem is i drop it once without the phone and it suddenly unusable while my good ol fassy battery are still working after several drops...

I'm still using my oem fassy battery now since its very difficult to find replacement for it in my country... but its still working good only its last about 8 hours on standby (data on)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)

im thinking to use old stable and fast custom rom (or stock). Could you suggest me what is the best custom rom for cm7 or compare with stock rom...? sorry for out of topic...

Thank you...
8th April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #9  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 102
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs

Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

That is an idea I have been kicking around. Care to share links and guidance to get me their from here ? ( pa )

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
8th April 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #10  
jkok's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Parkersburg W.V.
Thanks Meter: 167
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Donate to Me
More
i use a 3500 mAh from amazon, but its a pain in the @$$ to get fully calibrated, sometimes on kitkat roms i get the battery to last 3 hours screen-on time with 0% and sometimes it goes in negatives lol i got -7% once and founf it it makes the battery icon flash rapidly unless you switch to icon percentage text lol so unless you give it time to calibrate fully, it will be a bit undetermined on what percentage you truly have :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes