Post Reply

[Q] AT&T Visual Voicemail on ARHD

5th April 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Recent HTC phones include a special version of AT&T Visual voicemail. As a result it's no long possible to download and install the standard vvm app from the play store. I've installed ARHD and would like to figure out how to get AT&T visual voicemail on this particular rom.

I've tried extracting the visual voicemail apk from my stock nandroid, but can't get it to work. I've installed it but the app doesn't appear with my other apps.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions concerning a fix or workaround to this problem.
8th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
Its not going to work, different frameworks for euro than att...visual voicemail for att build is supposed to be specially built for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafford

Recent HTC phones include a special version of AT&T Visual voicemail. As a result it's no long possible to download and install the standard vvm app from the play store. I've installed ARHD and would like to figure out how to get AT&T visual voicemail on this particular rom.

I've tried extracting the visual voicemail apk from my stock nandroid, but can't get it to work. I've installed it but the app doesn't appear with my other apps.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions concerning a fix or workaround to this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonders_Never_Cease For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of this difference.
9th April 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #4  
an0ther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197
 
589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Fixed apk in international forums under themes and apps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
Cool...thanks....I actually have gotten the developer build running with tbe original software@vvm from dialer and messaging app as it was on at&t rom...took some time to figure it out....
9th April 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders_Never_Cease

Cool...thanks....I actually have gotten the developer build running with tbe original software@vvm from dialer and messaging app as it was on at&t rom...took some time to figure it out....

Would you be willing to share how you were able to do that?
9th April 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
Its not a simple flashable fix....can I ask why you flashed an international rom? Dont like bloatware(notlike anyone does)? Heard about carrieriq? Wanted international icons?....Check your p.m.'s.....
Last edited by Wonders_Never_Cease; 9th April 2014 at 06:16 AM.
9th April 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders_Never_Cease

Its not a simple flashable fix....can I ask why you flashed an international rom? Dont like bloatware(notlike anyone does)? Heard about carrieriq? Wanted international icons?....Check your p.m.'s.....

I flashed this rom for 2 reasons, I hate most of the bloatware/carrieriq and I loved mike's work from my m7 so I naturally wanted to continue using arhd on my m8. I'll check my pm's now.
9th April 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
Ok was just curious...this one I fixed is tailored to AT&T ,has signal icons for AT&T, no carrieriq only part thats bloatware imo as I dont use it is visual voicemail...lol..but it does work as it is supposed to.... So you let me know..lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes