Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any active devs working on s-off

Tip us?
 
tanium
Old
#1  
tanium's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: warren
Thumbs up Any active devs working on s-off

Hello all
I been reading the new HTC one m8 section of xda daily.
We see some topics for bounty.
Also the java one for paying the 30 bucks and mailing your device away to someone.

Just very curious to hear if anyone knows if we have actual devs working on the s-off process for our m8's.
It would be very cool to see a we are getting close to a crack for s-off.

How many of you are sending your phone's to that java unlock guy?

This is no eta question.
Just is anyone working on s-off for verizon M8.
Thanks for any reply
 
Mike02z
Old
(Last edited by Mike02z; 5th April 2014 at 03:47 AM.)
#2  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 325
Posts: 876
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: To Hell and Back
jcase and beaups are working on it. With those 2 guys, I have no doubt they will find an S-Off exploit.

As for Sonic's S-Off service, I trust Sonic 100% with my phone. I do not trust the USPS or any other carrier with my phone. Just will not send it away. We have root and Xposed and that will hold me for now.
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128
 
BladeRunner
Old
#3  
BladeRunner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 425
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanium View Post
Hello all
I been reading the new HTC one m8 section of xda daily.
We see some topics for bounty.
Also the java one for paying the 30 bucks and mailing your device away to someone.

Just very curious to hear if anyone knows if we have actual devs working on the s-off process for our m8's.
It would be very cool to see a we are getting close to a crack for s-off.

How many of you are sending your phone's to that java unlock guy?

This is no eta question.
Just is anyone working on s-off for verizon M8.
Thanks for any reply
Check the s-off bounty thread, post # 152

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
cntryby429
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 100
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Washington D.C.
Absolutely. beaups is on it and from what I hear he's the man. There's chatter coming out right now about it being done with a teasing tweet they just sent out.
 
Tepifan
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2009
http://t.co/3h75NnAsIZ

Looks like it's been achieved. Just the waiting game now for it to be released.
 
Karl
Old
#6  
Karl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 469
Posts: 1,520
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepifan View Post
http://t.co/3h75NnAsIZ

Looks like it's been achieved. Just the waiting game now for it to be released.
oh damn think i had a accident : good:
 
dchandler326
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 44
Join Date: Sep 2007
I asked jcase if he was still working on it the other night and he told me he moved on to the M9 and be isn't working on it anymore.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Change Change, Before Change, Change you
 
Mike02z
Old
#8  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 325
Posts: 876
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: To Hell and Back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepifan View Post
http://t.co/3h75NnAsIZ

Looks like it's been achieved. Just the waiting game now for it to be released.
Oh man, those guys ROCK! Can't wait for firewater!!
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128
 
tanium
Old
#9  
tanium's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: warren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
oh damn think i had a accident : good:
Now your talking
I knew they could do it.
I'm not sure about the guy or gal going by the b name.
But been following J for a long time, I remember when they found the first way to crack the thunder bolt.
This was an awesome response those guys fricking rock
 
Mike02z
Old
#10  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 325
Posts: 876
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: To Hell and Back
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanium View Post
Now your talking
I knew they could do it.
I'm not sure about the guy or gal going by the b name.
But been following J for a long time, I remember when they found the first way to crack the thunder bolt.
This was an awesome response those guys fricking rock
beaups was the one who came up with rumrunner which provided S-Off to us former M7 owners..

Off topic, did you once have a SGN and on Sourcery rom? Your name looks familiar from IRC
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Twik Keeps Your Accounts Secure with Randomly Generated Passwords

If youre one of thosewho find it just an impossible task to keep trackof … more

Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more