Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please answer asap

Tip us?

smithy31698
Old
(Last edited by smithy31698; 4th April 2014 at 11:47 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Please answer asap

I'm leaving for NO, LA tomorrow. I need my phone to be reliable. My issue is the phone drops signal often (T-Mobile US Prepaid) but it says it still has full bars and 3G/H+. SMS, MMS, internet and sometimes even calling all fail until I reboot my phone. I am on OmniRom Kitkat. This also happen on stock ICS and JB. Would switching APN settings from T-Mobile US (epc.tmobile.com) help at all? At least for calls and texts? I have 5 options. Simple(APN simple) StraightTalk T-Mobile(APN wap.tracfone) T-Mobile US(APN epc.tmobile.com)
T-Mobile US LTE(APN fast.t-mobile.com) and T-Mobile US LTE IPv6(APN fast.t-mobile.com). Would any of these make a difference? Or can I force roam on ATT and would that help? I bought a new sim but that didn't fix the problem. HELP Please!

Coolneng
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy31698 View Post
I'm leaving for NO, LA tomorrow. I need my phone to be reliable. My issue is the phone drops signal often (T-Mobile US Prepaid) but it says it still has full bars and 3G/H+. SMS, MMS, internet and sometimes even calling all fail until I reboot my phone. I am on OmniRom Kitkat. This also happen on stock ICS and JB. Would switching APN settings from T-Mobile US (epc.tmobile.com) help at all? At least for calls and texts? I have 5 options. Simple(APN simple) StraightTalk T-Mobile(APN wap.tracfone) T-Mobile US(APN epc.tmobile.com)
T-Mobile US LTE(APN fast.t-mobile.com) and T-Mobile US LTE IPv6(APN fast.t-mobile.com). Would any of these make a difference? Or can I force roam on ATT and would that help? I bought a new sim but that didn't fix the problem. HELP Please!
Try Paranoid Android or implementing EPRJ RIL into Omni.

csk1jw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default plex educve

This phone is missing the AWS/1700 band support for T-Mobile. If you are on prepaid, then you should try getting AT&T compatible MVNO.

smithy31698
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk1jw View Post
This phone is missing the AWS/1700 band support for T-Mobile. If you are on prepaid, then you should try getting AT&T compatible MVNO.
The 1700 should only effect data. And even that isn't entirely true because my area is refarmed to 1900

csk1jw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No. T-Mobile 3G supports both voice and data.

T-Mobile 3G (HSPA)
•With 3G, theoretical maximum download of 14 Mbps.
•Our 3G network operates on the 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies. You'll need a phone that supports 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz to connect to our 3G network.
•On our 3G network, you can use voice and data services simultaneously.

UMTS/WCDMA is technically capable of both voice and data.