The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ordered this Tablet

OP galaxyII

16th March 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 27

293 posts
Got an offer for EUR 349 and ordered this yesterday. Can't wait. Been reading at the reviews and seem to be good
17th March 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 205

180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyII

Got an offer for EUR 349 and ordered this yesterday. Can't wait. Been reading at the reviews and seem to be good

Enjoy your Tablet when it arrived .. i buy this tab 3 days ago, actually i want to buy the Xperia Z2 tablet . but ..it seems..the Z2 tablet use more powerfull processors and with same battery life . so my expectation is it will bad at battery life . well we choose the good choice mate
The Following User Says Thank You to XenodromeZynosZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Spremberg
Thanks Meter: 110

745 posts
More
After my update to 4.3 my battery life is awesome good the battery life is actually 3 days. I buy it 1 week ago.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Tablet Z mit Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,327

7,843 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenodromeZynosZ

Enjoy your Tablet when it arrived .. i buy this tab 3 days ago, actually i want to buy the Xperia Z2 tablet . but ..it seems..the Z2 tablet use more powerfull processors and with same battery life . so my expectation is it will bad at battery life . well we choose the good choice mate

Actually, the processor is more powerful and has a better technology. That's why it will have MORE battery life.

The faster the processor goes to top speed, does what it needs to do, and go back to low, the less battery it uses. Also, the processor itself is more power saving, allowing more battery save usage.
1st April 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

113 posts
Just bought one today and I love it. Display is better than the rviews said and its plenty quick. Have to say im very satisfied with this tablet

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 31

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenodromeZynosZ

I think you're misinformed. It will have the same "size" battery, as in the overall capacity. I don't believe anyone has said it's the exact same battery. So the battery alone, at the same capacity, could have better performance(there's more to a battery than just the capacity). Additionally, as was already mentioned, the newer processor is even more efficient. Other random components in the device are probably newer parts(even if they have the same numeric rating specs) and are also probably even more energy efficient. The screen is the same resolution, but not the same screen. So it's probably even more energy efficient.

All of that said, I would expect similar if not increased battery life, on a tablet that most would agree is fairly good on battery life already(it's not "great" by any means, very few tablets reach that level today, but it's good enough for most to last a week or so with moderate use).

I don't think I'd buy a regular Tablet Z right now with the Z2 Tablet coming out within the next month or two, unless it was under $350USD(assuming the new 16Gb wifi model will sell for $500USD as the previous one did....here in the states).
The Following User Says Thank You to tullnd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullnd

I think you're misinformed. It will have the same "size" battery, as in the overall capacity. I don't believe anyone has said it's the exact same battery. So the battery alone, at the same capacity, could have better performance(there's more to a battery than just the capacity). Additionally, as was already mentioned, the newer processor is even more efficient. Other random components in the device are probably newer parts(even if they have the same numeric rating specs) and are also probably even more energy efficient. The screen is the same resolution, but not the same screen. So it's probably even more energy efficient.

All of that said, I would expect similar if not increased battery life, on a tablet that most would agree is fairly good on battery life already(it's not "great" by any means, very few tablets reach that level today, but it's good enough for most to last a week or so with moderate use).

I don't think I'd buy a regular Tablet Z right now with the Z2 Tablet coming out within the next month or two, unless it was under $350USD(assuming the new 16Gb wifi model will sell for $500USD as the previous one did....here in the states).

Considering the price difference to the actual changes of the z2 Imo it didnt warrant spending almost double for the z2. I just bought the z1 for less than the $350 price tag and like you mentioned although id rather have the newer of the two it just didnt make sense paying an exra $200. This is an awesome tab nonetheless, quite overlooked and also unfairly reviewed Imo. My only gripe may be battery life

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
5th April 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 27

293 posts
After using it for 2 weeks now, I love this tablet. Weightless, superb display;

I got a super deal for 349 Euros in Amazon.de

Had a Xoom in the past and compared to that this is way better

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread