Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ordered this Tablet

Tip us?

galaxyII
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Ordered this Tablet

Got an offer for EUR 349 and ordered this yesterday. Can't wait. Been reading at the reviews and seem to be good
SGS2: Common issues and solutions

Previous Phones:
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 6600 -> Moto Razr V3i -> Sony Ericsson K800i -> O2 ICE -> iMate JAMA -> Nokia 5800 -> Samung Galaxy SII -> Nokia Lumia 800

XenodromeZynosZ
Old
Thanks Meter 198

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyII View Post
Got an offer for EUR 349 and ordered this yesterday. Can't wait. Been reading at the reviews and seem to be good
Enjoy your Tablet when it arrived .. i buy this tab 3 days ago, actually i want to buy the Xperia Z2 tablet . but ..it seems..the Z2 tablet use more powerfull processors and with same battery life . so my expectation is it will bad at battery life . well we choose the good choice mate
Now Exploring the definitions of 7 alphabetical , Android#
The Following User Says Thank You to XenodromeZynosZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidseb
Old
Thanks Meter 106
After my update to 4.3 my battery life is awesome good the battery life is actually 3 days. I buy it 1 week ago.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Tablet Z mit Tapatalk
My Devices:
Xperia V (LT25i), Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Arc S (LT18i), Medion Lifetab, Xperia Play (R800i), Sony Ericsson C902

Future Device:
---------

My work:
Mixed ICS with Xperia S for GB [.62][.58][.42]

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenodromeZynosZ View Post
Enjoy your Tablet when it arrived .. i buy this tab 3 days ago, actually i want to buy the Xperia Z2 tablet . but ..it seems..the Z2 tablet use more powerfull processors and with same battery life . so my expectation is it will bad at battery life . well we choose the good choice mate
Actually, the processor is more powerful and has a better technology. That's why it will have MORE battery life.

The faster the processor goes to top speed, does what it needs to do, and go back to low, the less battery it uses. Also, the processor itself is more power saving, allowing more battery save usage.

Maduro78
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just bought one today and I love it. Display is better than the rviews said and its plenty quick. Have to say im very satisfied with this tablet

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

tullnd
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenodromeZynosZ View Post
I think you're misinformed. It will have the same "size" battery, as in the overall capacity. I don't believe anyone has said it's the exact same battery. So the battery alone, at the same capacity, could have better performance(there's more to a battery than just the capacity). Additionally, as was already mentioned, the newer processor is even more efficient. Other random components in the device are probably newer parts(even if they have the same numeric rating specs) and are also probably even more energy efficient. The screen is the same resolution, but not the same screen. So it's probably even more energy efficient.

All of that said, I would expect similar if not increased battery life, on a tablet that most would agree is fairly good on battery life already(it's not "great" by any means, very few tablets reach that level today, but it's good enough for most to last a week or so with moderate use).

I don't think I'd buy a regular Tablet Z right now with the Z2 Tablet coming out within the next month or two, unless it was under $350USD(assuming the new 16Gb wifi model will sell for $500USD as the previous one did....here in the states).
The Following User Says Thank You to tullnd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maduro78
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullnd View Post
I think you're misinformed. It will have the same "size" battery, as in the overall capacity. I don't believe anyone has said it's the exact same battery. So the battery alone, at the same capacity, could have better performance(there's more to a battery than just the capacity). Additionally, as was already mentioned, the newer processor is even more efficient. Other random components in the device are probably newer parts(even if they have the same numeric rating specs) and are also probably even more energy efficient. The screen is the same resolution, but not the same screen. So it's probably even more energy efficient.

All of that said, I would expect similar if not increased battery life, on a tablet that most would agree is fairly good on battery life already(it's not "great" by any means, very few tablets reach that level today, but it's good enough for most to last a week or so with moderate use).

I don't think I'd buy a regular Tablet Z right now with the Z2 Tablet coming out within the next month or two, unless it was under $350USD(assuming the new 16Gb wifi model will sell for $500USD as the previous one did....here in the states).
Considering the price difference to the actual changes of the z2 Imo it didnt warrant spending almost double for the z2. I just bought the z1 for less than the $350 price tag and like you mentioned although id rather have the newer of the two it just didnt make sense paying an exra $200. This is an awesome tab nonetheless, quite overlooked and also unfairly reviewed Imo. My only gripe may be battery life

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

galaxyII
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
After using it for 2 weeks now, I love this tablet. Weightless, superb display;

I got a super deal for 349 Euros in Amazon.de

Had a Xoom in the past and compared to that this is way better
SGS2: Common issues and solutions

Previous Phones:
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 6600 -> Moto Razr V3i -> Sony Ericsson K800i -> O2 ICE -> iMate JAMA -> Nokia 5800 -> Samung Galaxy SII -> Nokia Lumia 800