Ask a question

No registration required

Should I trade for an e970?

OP prichm1992

3rd April 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

83 posts
I've had this imei blocked note2 for quite some time now, and I'm getting it fixed in a few days. I ran into someone who said that when it's fixed, he'll trade me his at&t optimus g. I've rooted/rom'd/oc'ed the note, and I have everything ready for the G if I get it. The question is... Should I? He won't let me play with it, fearing theft, and that's fine. I have a 4.7 inch optimus 4x, so I do know how that screen size feels, and I'd like to be able to use just one hand again for mundane tasks like texting, without having to "one handed mode" the keyboard. I also don't give a crap and a half about the stylus.

I'd also like to mention, I'm a heavy android gamer. Playing psp, nds, real racing 3, nova 3,etc etc.. But that's more or less what my tegra 4 tablet is for. So, what do I have to lose or gain going to the G? How does it stack up to the note 2? To the 4x HD? Benchmarks are cool, but they don't give me the info I need.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using xda app-developers app
3rd April 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kannapolis
Thanks Meter: 41

161 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prichm1992

I've had this imei blocked note2 for quite some time now, and I'm getting it fixed in a few days. I ran into someone who said that when it's fixed, he'll trade me his at&t optimus g. I've rooted/rom'd/oc'ed the note, and I have everything ready for the G if I get it. The question is... Should I? He won't let me play with it, fearing theft, and that's fine. I have a 4.7 inch optimus 4x, so I do know how that screen size feels, and I'd like to be able to use just one hand again for mundane tasks like texting, without having to "one handed mode" the keyboard. I also don't give a crap and a half about the stylus.

I'd also like to mention, I'm a heavy android gamer. Playing psp, nds, real racing 3, nova 3,etc etc.. But that's more or less what my tegra 4 tablet is for. So, what do I have to lose or gain going to the G? How does it stack up to the note 2? To the 4x HD? Benchmarks are cool, but they don't give me the info I need.

I'd say from the note 2, as far as performance goes, you may not notice a difference, however, the note 2 has a giant battery, so you will almost definitely see less battery life.

Me personally, I don't like those gigantic phones, this one feels good, the only problem I have with it is the back being glass. It has a very "slippery" feel when one-handing it, but I think getting a case should resolve that.

I like this phone, I think once we get real KK, the KK roms will get much better, as right now there is little problems, like lack of LTE on most 4.4 roms. At least mine anyway lol.
4th April 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #3  
Huntington, WV
Thanks Meter: 242

1,099 posts
More
I wouldn't fool with anyone that won't even let me check out the phone. And theft ? He thinks you would just run with the phone ? Lol, such idea is just idiotic,. I don't think you have anything to gain, if you're happy with your note I would just stay put, unless you just want to trade for the sake of having something different
Last edited by optimusv45; 4th April 2014 at 05:06 AM.
4th April 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

83 posts
Trust me, I hear you. That's EXACTLY how I got my blocked note 2. My first craigslist phone.... I gave a nexus 7 2013 16gb AND $165 for it, only to enjoy 2 phone calls before... "Your device has been blocked from network use. If you have reached this message in error, please call..." Yeah, you guys get it. On the topic though, I hear the G has better GPU performance than the note, and the 4x (tegra 3) is better than the G?

5th April 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Tuscaloosa, Al.
Thanks Meter: 81

645 posts
More
Let's say for the sake of argument..that the nexus 7 cost 300 (at most) and the fact that you gave him an additional 165 bucks...you just spent 465 bucks on a phone you could get from swappa for 200 bucks less...but I can agree with silent, the phones pretty slippery without some kind of cover...Honestly I don't miss my note i717..way to big...if you do get the e970, we are slated for an official 4.4.2 update. That's something to look toward to. I'm just not sure how active the devices forums will be after the updated release. The devs here have done a great job releasing quality ROMs

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th April 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

83 posts
Spent 251 on the nexus at radio shack, but I've Google shopped and have seen your point. I decided to take the plunge, as you can see from my sig. Rooted, KK installed, loving it. Anime rom, franco 4 Geeb kernel. May go back to stock though. Damn this thing gets hot. And fast.

Sent from my O-Geeb
5th April 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #7  
Flag Tuscaloosa, Al.
Thanks Meter: 81

645 posts
More
With heavy usage, most smartphones will..I've noticed with beanstalk. The device doesn't get that hot....OC'd to the highest point,stock kernel (only because I haven't found one compatible)...phone doesn't get hot...not a big fan of stock ROMs...

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread