FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[Q]

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Gkaizoku, Junior Member on 2nd April 2014, 11:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I flashed my samsung galaxy ace china (s5831i) to s5830i. The problem is the camera, (camera failed. errorhandlermessage -1) Can anyone help me, i tried rooting it through SDcard, replacing camera apk and still nothing works. Can anyone help me with this? Has anyone experienced this and got a working solution?
 
 
2nd April 2014, 11:57 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkaizoku

I flashed my samsung galaxy ace china (s5831i) to s5830i. The problem is the camera, (camera failed. errorhandlermessage -1) Can anyone help me, i tried rooting it through SDcard, replacing camera apk and still nothing works. Can anyone help me with this? Has anyone experienced this and got a working solution?

firstly uninstall the camera.apk and camers.odex from /system/apps and then download these two files and move them ti /system/apps and set permission to rw-r-r and reboot this is the link 1 http://d-h.st/zzT and 2 http://d-h.st/xV6
HOPE IT HELPS
2nd April 2014, 02:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj.baheti@gmail.com

firstly uninstall the camera.apk and camers.odex from /system/apps and then download these two files and move them ti /system/apps and set permission to rw-r-r and reboot this is the link 1 http://d-h.st/zzT and 2 http://d-h.st/xV6
HOPE IT HELPS

I can't uninstall the apk from the system/apps, i'm thinking that deleting will be the option but i did that before already.
2nd April 2014, 02:36 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkaizoku

I can't uninstall the apk from the system/apps, i'm thinking that deleting will be the option but i did that before already.

you delete the apk and reboot the device then move the apk and the odex file to /system/spps and set permission to rw-r-r and reboot and report
PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED
2nd April 2014, 03:27 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj.baheti@gmail.com

you delete the apk and reboot the device then move the apk and the odex file to /system/spps and set permission to rw-r-r and reboot and report
PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED



Sad to say but didn't work, camera app gone after reboot. Thanks for the help though
Last edited by Gkaizoku; 2nd April 2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: missing
5th April 2014, 07:40 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkaizoku

Sad to say but didn't work, camera app gone after reboot. Thanks for the help though

Can you not copy the Camera.apk to /system/apps/?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes