Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 49,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Input issues fixed

Tip us?

carbn
Old
(Last edited by carbn; 4th April 2014 at 09:01 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Lightbulb [Q] Screen Input issues fixed

Hello everyone! I Have the Note 10.1 2014 Edition and wanted to share something that i found that may help others that have not figured out how to solve this issue. It seems that if you place your finger in one place for 23-30 seconds (ie playing a racing game) that the screen will stop registering your finger. i thought at first that this must be an issue witht the digitizer but found after digging that this is actually a bug or feature as Samsung calls it with the stock US and European kernel. i had this issue on completely stock firmware and on CleanROM 2.0 R2..and assume that other roms may have this issue too since they are recompiling from the stock firmware. If any developers see this, why don't you guys use the Korean KXUANC2 Kernel as is solves this issue? It does break wifi at first, but using root explorer you can navigate to /system/build.prop and open it with a text editor and change ro.securestorage.support=true to ro.securestorage.support=false and everything works flawlessly as intended. i just downloaded the KXUANC2 kernel, powered off, placed it into download mode (power + volume down), flashed it via ODIN, rebooted, changed the build prop, rebooted once again, and boom problem solved! Im sure that someone else has to have noticed this..as it seems to be an issue with all SM-600 wifi devices. I believe this will work with 601 but may reduce data to 3G only. So with that being said, developers, is there a reason that you don't use this kernel or was it just something not many people have noticed?

Kernel:
--https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29704739/SM-P600_Kernel_KXUANC2_Odin.tar--
The Following User Says Thank You to carbn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaytee23
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbn View Post
Hello everyone! I Have the Note 10.1 2014 Edition and wanted to share something that i found that may help others that have not figured out how to solve this issue. It seems that if you place your finger in one place for 23-30 seconds (ie playing a racing game) that the screen will stop registering your finger. i thought at first that this must be an issue witht the digitizer but found after digging that this is actually a bug or feature as Samsung calls it with the stock US and European kernel. i had this issue on completely stock firmware and on CleanROM 2.0 R2..and assume that other roms may have this issue too since they are recompiling from the stock firmware. If any developers see this, why don't you guys use the Korean KXUANC2 Kernel as is solves this issue? It does break wifi at first, but using root explorer you can navigate to /system/build.prop and open it with a text editor and change ro.securestorage.support=true to ro.securestorage.support=false and everything works flawlessly as intended. i just downloaded the KXUANC2 kernel, powered off, placed it into download mode (power + volume down), flashed it via ODIN, rebooted, changed the build prop, rebooted once again, and boom problem solved! Im sure that someone else has to have noticed this..as it seems to be an issue with all SM-600 wifi devices. I believe this will work with 601 but may reduce data to 3G only. So with that being said, developers, is there a reason that you don't use this kernel or was it just something not many people have noticed?

Kernel:
--https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29704739/SM-P600_Kernel_KXUANC2_Odin.tar--
already well known.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491690