Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,344 Members 46,730 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Multiboot][Recovery] Boot Multiple Roms - v2.11 - (ubuntu touch support)

Tip us?

Phil_Suz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
@Phil_Suz, you probably already know this, but your modified v2.7.0.0 TWRP for the d2spr fixes the "official" release's problem of not seeing any partitions on some newer S3s.

I was wondering if you would mind if I, or you yourself, whichever you like, post links to here (or you tell me where you'd like the links to point to) in the TWRP and the all recoveries threads since this makes v2.7.0.0 usable for the rest of us who had problems with the official release?

Thank you for this!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 2/25/2014 and TWRP v2.6.3.0.
Hi roirraW "edor" ehT,

No I did not know that you had this problem and that this version was working. Yes, you can post link to here but as a temporary solution, I don't manage at all twrp code, my add-on does not touch twrp code so it's a bit weird that this correct a problem on twrp side.

Philippe,
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil_Suz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
(Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 25th March 2014 at 01:42 PM.) Reason: Do you take donations?
Thanks Meter 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Suz View Post
Hi roirraW "edor" ehT,

No I did not know that you had this problem and that this version was working. Yes, you can post link to here but as a temporary solution, I don't manage at all twrp code, my add-on does not touch twrp code so it's a bit weird that this correct a problem on twrp side.

Philippe,
Absolutely, I won't expect you to provide anything and I will explain and encourage others not to either. Thanks again for this. I love the idea of multi-boot although for myself I probably won't be curious enough to try it until a new x.x version of Android drops and won't be provided in a TouchWiz version, so just guessing 4.5 or 5.0 although I hope we get one of those too.

Kudos!

Edit: Do you take donations?

shekinahsmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 739
Oh this is funky

fabzbear
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Can this be used on the s4?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,602

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabzbear View Post
Can this be used on the s4?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
No. One would need to be built for the s4 specifically.
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

Phil_Suz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Hi All,

Multiboot v2.11 is now ready.
This version adds feature to multiboot ubuntu touch 14.04 on galaxy S3 ( img format only, external sdcard strongly recommanded).

I did this ubuntu port on my d2att model but it could possibly work on your device.
If you want to test, I prepared a d2lte test version (0.13) here : http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407583872

Important recommandations and details of working features can be found in this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702692

multiboot v2.11 is at same usual location.

Note : Please let a feedback message in this tread or original one if you tested it. if you report that it is not working, I will remove download link.

Philippe,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil_Suz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phil_Suz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
As cell features don't seem to work on verizon devices, I removed lte version and created specific versions.
Maybe this will fix cell problems ( because working well on d2att )

Download links are there : http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=13392

Philippe,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil_Suz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]