Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I9205XXUCML1-CML4 stock kernel with SELinux Permissive full root support.

OP shazzl

13th January 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Banting
Thanks Meter: 91

318 posts
More
I notice that XXUCML1 have the SELinux set to Enforce I install some root apps but some time can't be use then iread about the new kernel implement by samsung.... Enforcing, Permissive, and disabel..... itry all think possibly to change the SELinux status but no hope. ...
Then I change the kernel ramdisk and it works

This is i9205 kernel take from XXUCML1 i change the ramdisk to set Permissive and its have init.d support
1. Download this https://mega.co.nz/#!KBdhUI7D!q2Y5wI...JjNvjokdcSjESU
1.2 Link to CML4
2. Make a backup first ( for boot.img using cwm recovery )
2. Flash i9205_Kernel_SELinux_Permissive.zip using cwm recovery.
3. Boot.

Check SELinux status at about device

Please report wether its ok or not

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by shazzl; 1st February 2014 at 11:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shazzl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzl

I notice that XXUCML1 have the SELinux set to Enforce I install some root apps but some time can't be use then iread about the new kernel implement by samsung.... Enforcing, Permissive, and disabel..... itry all think possibly to change the SELinux status but no hope. ...
Then I change the kernel ramdisk and it works

This is i9205 kernel take from XXUCML1 i change the ramdisk to set Permissive and its have init.d support
1. Download this https://mega.co.nz/#!KBdhUI7D!q2Y5wI...JjNvjokdcSjESU
2. Make a backup first ( for boot.img using cwm recovery )
2. Flash i9205_Kernel_SELinux_Permissive.zip using cwm recovery.
3. Boot.

Check SELinux status at about device

Please report wether its ok or not

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

Dude this would be sick...I was just gonna tackle this after I finished my other rom that's currently uploading now...If this works that'd be great I could build a rom around your new kernel and hopefully destroy the last bit of Knox and selinux...shame that samsung chose to go this route...Our development was already pretty minimal for the mega and the Knox boot and selinux Damn near killed it.

Let me know your results and if you'd be cool with me using your kernel in a new rom. And I'll try and flash this...ps I have a way to revert back to stock rooted mj2 if anyone updates and gets stuck without root.

Mega
The Following User Says Thank You to megalomanic14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Banting

318 posts
More
Some pic
  1. http://trdunyam.khoai.vn/android/ima...9523338112.png
1st February 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Banting

318 posts
More
Update CML1 and CML4 kernel

Sent from my GT-I9205
2nd February 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
@shazzl, thanks for your bootloader mod om CML4. Just flashed it with CWM, steps as follows:
1) my Mega had already PhilZ-touch-CWM installed, thus booting into recovery, wipe data+cache+dalvik and install "i9205_kernel_cml4" (mod by shazzl) on SD thru CWM;
2) without leaving CWM install then "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80" on SD;
3) reboot via CWM and finish things (wifi, Google a/c, etc) from the Setup pages, go to Apps Drawer select SuperSU then a message pops out asking for knox invalidation, Confirm;
4) do a reboot, update SuperSU to the latest v1.91, install busybox, root explorer, titanium backup, greenify, lucky patcher, etc - all works fine.

NOTE: 2 Red lines show up at top of the Samsung start up screen on every boot, together with a line saying like Warranty: kernel. Also at Settings/About device, SE for Android status goes to Permissive -which is good!!!

I know the knox warranty counter is "010" meaning warranty void but may be some genius devs can work around later, lol. Thanks shazzl again.
2nd February 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Banting

318 posts
More
I read about the warning at htc forum they have made it... but for samsung not yet...watting for developer to fix it..

Sent from my GT-I9205
5th April 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag nj
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
would it work with 9200 ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread