No registration required

How to verify unlock and change system/ui language

OP 722ish

5th April 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
More
I have an inspire 4g that is brand new and supposedly unlocked here. It is intended to be used on a gsm carrier in Egypt, the specific frequencies I do not know, nor am I interested. I would just like to know if anyone can help me establish if it is unlocked, as well as switch the language in the whole system to Arabic. I don't oppose root and flashing if need be, however it must be very reliable and stock like reliability if so, as it is going to someone who is not so tech savvy. Basically, is it a lost cause or is it plausible to easily get this thing working in a language they can read and keep it reliable?
Thanks for any information or help in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
5th April 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 128

1,435 posts
That's a good question. Only thing I suggest is to flash a Rom that has your language already installed on it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Try this..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=964841

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Look on YouTube as well. A user named flow wolf has links pertaining to multi language roms

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=km19rgRXizo

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

To verify if it's unlocked u must put in a sim and see if the device will place a call. I suggest u turn off device, put in sim, then reboot. That will let u know if it's GSM capabilities are unlocked

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Is your inspire an att, Verizon or T-Mobile?

5th April 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
More
It is AT&T. It appears to coincide correctly with the frequencies that are used with the mobile carrier they intend to use, and I'll have a look at all the info you've provided, thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
5th April 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 128

1,435 posts
Yw

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread