Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question on buying used S3

Tip us?

kd3yt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Question on buying used S3

I have been looking at the listings in the swap forum and would like to buy a S3. Question I have is: If I buy a S3 that is unlocked and rooted and running a custom rom, will they activate at a Verizon store or should I activate it on their webpage. I hope to buy one in the coming days. Right now I am trying to decide between the S3 or S4. Leaning towards the S3 to save money, but the S4 sure looks good......

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd3yt View Post
I have been looking at the listings in the swap forum and would like to buy a S3. Question I have is: If I buy a S3 that is unlocked and rooted and running a custom rom, will they activate at a Verizon store or should I activate it on their webpage. I hope to buy one in the coming days. Right now I am trying to decide between the S3 or S4. Leaning towards the S3 to save money, but the S4 sure looks good......
Either is fine.

If you already have a microSIM that's active, you don't need to take it into a store. Just pop it in the phone and it should be ready to go. I've swapped my SIM between my Rezound -> GNex -> now my S3. Only time I had to go in was when I went from Rezound -> GNex, because I needed to get a microSIM, since the Rezound used a standard-sized SIM.
Current Device:
HTC One M7
Unlocked | S-Off | ROM: NuSenseSIX 7.8

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
Locked | ROM: Hellkat 4.4.2 (build 20140116) | Kernel: BMS 3.4.75
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25
HTC Incredible (S-Off / unlocked)

conadg
Old
Thanks Meter 11
standard size sims can be trimmed down also i did that when i swapped from my rezound to the s3

kd3yt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by conadg View Post
standard size sims can be trimmed down also i did that when i swapped from my rezound to the s3
I am now using a Droid Razr M which has the micro sim so sounds like I should be good....

kd3yt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just bought a unlocked, rooted S3 on Swappa.............