[Q] Question on buying used S3

OP kd3yt

4th April 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hollidaysburg, Pa
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
I have been looking at the listings in the swap forum and would like to buy a S3. Question I have is: If I buy a S3 that is unlocked and rooted and running a custom rom, will they activate at a Verizon store or should I activate it on their webpage. I hope to buy one in the coming days. Right now I am trying to decide between the S3 or S4. Leaning towards the S3 to save money, but the S4 sure looks good......
4th April 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 142

604 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd3yt

I have been looking at the listings in the swap forum and would like to buy a S3. Question I have is: If I buy a S3 that is unlocked and rooted and running a custom rom, will they activate at a Verizon store or should I activate it on their webpage. I hope to buy one in the coming days. Right now I am trying to decide between the S3 or S4. Leaning towards the S3 to save money, but the S4 sure looks good......

Either is fine.

If you already have a microSIM that's active, you don't need to take it into a store. Just pop it in the phone and it should be ready to go. I've swapped my SIM between my Rezound -> GNex -> now my S3. Only time I had to go in was when I went from Rezound -> GNex, because I needed to get a microSIM, since the Rezound used a standard-sized SIM.
4th April 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

65 posts
More
standard size sims can be trimmed down also i did that when i swapped from my rezound to the s3
4th April 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hollidaysburg, Pa

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conadg

standard size sims can be trimmed down also i did that when i swapped from my rezound to the s3

I am now using a Droid Razr M which has the micro sim so sounds like I should be good....
5th April 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hollidaysburg, Pa

11 posts
More
Just bought a unlocked, rooted S3 on Swappa.............
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread