MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum

les_garten
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom View Post
wow, so att is giving you fake codes
I went through a couple weeks of tech support with them and they said my phone was defective or something crazy like that. It was still on the original FW it was bought with. It was my Mom's phone. It was on Gingerbread I think.

So subsequently it got rooted, jada, jada, jada...

I had given here a Note 2 and wanted to sell it with current FW.

Funny, it would not get OTA updates(assuming they had been offered), I never tried Kies though.

It was box stock when I tried to get the unlock codes to work from the man.
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600

tommyjt24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bad Codes

Yeah AT&T is certainly giving out invalid codes or at least codes that don't work against the latest radio?? I've seen some comments that said if you rolled back to ICS\UCLD the unlock code would work. I wasn't willing to do that but was willing to do this since I had some confidence that it would work. FYI if you have an inactive SIM card from another network you won't get that final confirmation but appears to have unlocked as I no longer get the pop up.

les_garten
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjt24 View Post
Yeah AT&T is certainly giving out invalid codes or at least codes that don't work against the latest radio?? I've seen some comments that said if you rolled back to ICS\UCLD the unlock code would work. I wasn't willing to do that but was willing to do this since I had some confidence that it would work. FYI if you have an inactive SIM card from another network you won't get that final confirmation but appears to have unlocked as I no longer get the pop up.
Mine was on the original FW that came on the phone. It had never updated. I believe it was Gingerbread.

I've unlocked my phones with ATT since 2001 and never had a problem till this time.
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600
Tags
free, i727, i727r, sim unlock, skyrocket