Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mods please remove post when possible

Tip us?

jody04c
Old
(Last edited by jody04c; 5th April 2014 at 08:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Unhappy Mods please remove post when possible

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have had several HTC Devices over the years so went about my usual business of Unlocking Bootloader via HTC Dev, Root obtained Supersu (Thanks again Chainfire) and installed the fabulous looking CWM Recovery by Phil.......

This is where the fairytale ends.... I can not install ANY zip rom at all, I backed up my stock rom which has vanished from both internal and external sd and can not find a RUU Rom anywhere.

UPDATE!! SIDELOADED GPE ROM WHICH WORKED A CHARM AND MY DEVICE IS BACK!!
MAIN DEVICE. HTC ONE M8 GSM 32GB+64GB MICRO SD.WITH S-OFF,SUPER CID,UNLOCK,ROOT,RECOVERY, ARHD - PERFECT!

WINDOWS 8.1 64BIT LAPTOP - DELL INSPIRON 7357 INTEL I7-4500U@3GHZ WITH 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM AND 1TB SSD

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody04c View Post
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have had several HTC Devices over the years so went about my usual business of Unlocking Bootloader via HTC Dev, Root obtained Supersu (Thanks again Chainfire) and installed the fabulous looking CWM Recovery by Phil.......

This is where the fairytale ends.... I can not install ANY zip rom at all, I backed up my stock rom which has vanished from both internal and external sd and can not find a RUU Rom anywhere.

Simply.. MY NEW HTC ONE M8 IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP ME PLEASE
can you get into recovery

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1135
Does ADB still work?
When yes try flashing TWRP for the M8 then and sideload a custom Rom and....don't panic.
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.1.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

Electronic Punk
Old
Thanks Meter 767

DONATE TO ME
In recovery do you see anything on the internal sd card?
There might be an issue seeing the extrnal so all your data might be there safe,

But sounds like you will need to use "adb push <zip> /sdcard/ to get the file to a location recovery can see it.

Lets not toss "bricked" around, if you can get to hboot you are going to be ok
HTC One (M8) running Android Revolution HD on 4GEE

Formerly: One (M7), 8X, One X, Sensation, Desire S, HD2, Touch HD, TyTN II, MTeoR
The Following User Says Thank You to Electronic Punk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jody04c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
After a 2am sit down I managed to side load a Google edition ROM (nothing else would work) and my soft bricked M8 is back to life.

H>A>P>P>Y!!!
MAIN DEVICE. HTC ONE M8 GSM 32GB+64GB MICRO SD.WITH S-OFF,SUPER CID,UNLOCK,ROOT,RECOVERY, ARHD - PERFECT!

WINDOWS 8.1 64BIT LAPTOP - DELL INSPIRON 7357 INTEL I7-4500U@3GHZ WITH 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM AND 1TB SSD