Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme] [Themed Dialers] [Deviant Developmenrt] [TW ROMS]

Tip us?

foreverloco
Old
(Last edited by foreverloco; 5th April 2014 at 10:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4,265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akapaul26 View Post
There is a line you need to add I am being told, I'll let you know once I get cracking on it.

Simply Wicked KitKat or Nothing!
Not a line, but just a simple character like a +

I'm going with you're using one of the latest apktool versions (I'm using 2. beta9)

Look for the line that errors out. Most likely it might be something like this

layout\photo_selector_view_popup.xml:9:

That 9 means the line

add a + before layout so it looks like this

<include android:id="@id/photo_update" android:visibility="gone" layout="+@layout/photo_updates_header" />

Once it compiles, grab that same xml from the untouched apk and drop it into the new compiled one. Unless of course you're using a vrtheme type of zip, then you just gotta remember to no add that xml..

Just a heads up, the clock apk has about a bazillion lines you have to do the same, but mixed in like 10 xmls....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinM30 View Post
Not sure but from what i could piece together it's Java related
Without seeing any type of log, I'm guessing it likely means you weren't using the newest apktool for 4.4.. I've decompiled every 4.4.2 apk and have had no issues I couldn't fix..I don't run any type of wrapper like apk manageer or multi stuff. (they just give more problems then what they're worth)

ibotpeaches thread is where I keep in touch of what's the newest apktool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1755243

He doesn't post the newest betas in the op, so you gotta use search to find them.........(DAMMIT I GOTTA SEARCH?)
The Following User Says Thank You to foreverloco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EdinM30
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverloco View Post
Not a line, but just a simple character like a +

I'm going with you're using one of the latest apktool versions (I'm using 2. beta9)

Look for the line that errors out. Most likely it might be something like this

layout\photo_selector_view_popup.xml:9:

That 9 means the line

add a + before layout so it looks like this

<include android:id="@id/photo_update" android:visibility="gone" layout="+@layout/photo_updates_header" />

Once it compiles, grab that same xml from the untouched apk and drop it into the new compiled one. Unless of course you're using a vrtheme type of zip, then you just gotta remember to no add that xml..

Just a heads up, the clock apk has about a bazillion lines you have to do the same, but mixed in like 10 xmls....

Without seeing any type of log, I'm guessing it likely means you weren't using the newest apktool for 4.4.. I've decompiled every 4.4.2 apk and have had no issues I couldn't fix..I don't run any type of wrapper like apk manageer or multi stuff. (they just give more problems then what they're worth)

ibotpeaches thread is where I keep in touch of what's the newest apktool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1755243

He doesn't post the newest betas in the op, so you gotta use search to find them.........(DAMMIT I GOTTA SEARCH?)
It's alright i tried all sorts of different tools from apktool to quickmod all versions all of them ending with same errors when compiling back i gave up on it already and left it alone for now..these are the errors i get

at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPa ckage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:54)

it goes on lol
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note III White 32GB (Rooted)
Model: SM-N900T
Android Version: 4.4.2
ROM: VISION-X N3-XXUENC2
Kernel: 3.4.0-BeastMode-N900T-1.3-ROAR
Baseband: N900TUVUCNB4
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0
microSD Card: ADATA 32GB Class: 10

foreverloco
Old
Thanks Meter 4,265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinM30 View Post
It's alright i tried all sorts of different tools from apktool to quickmod all versions all of them ending with same errors when compiling back i gave up on it already and left it alone for now..these are the errors i get

at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPa ckage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:54)

it goes on lol
Send me a pm if anything. Don't need to clutter here
The Following User Says Thank You to foreverloco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimmydene84
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Last off topic comment...newer isn't always better. I've got 2 apk tool folders, beta 9 and good old 1.5.2. I have only ran into 1 issue so far with 1.5.2...might try that and I've hit dozens of apks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmydene84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]