Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile Variant Bootloader

Tip us?

Dankchild
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Default T-Mobile Variant Bootloader

Does anyone know the status of the boot loader? Will it be unlocked? Or able to be unlocked? Coming from a guy with a Note 3 on AT&T who has been wishing he had it on T Mobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankchild View Post
Does anyone know the status of the boot loader? Will it be unlocked? Or able to be unlocked? Coming from a guy with a Note 3 on AT&T who has been wishing he had it on T Mobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I am as eager as you to know this - but unfortunately, until someone actually has a TMOBILE S5 in hand, there really is no way to know for sure. We can discuss and speculate - believe or disbelieve unauthorized reports - but until we actually have the phone -we will never really know..

As far as I know, the S5 won't be officially available until 4/11 - and supposedly it is supposed to start shipping to pre-orders around 4/8 - so that is probably the soonest we will know with any amount of certainty whether the bootloader is locked or unlocked.

Until then have patience if you can find it - then cross your fingers and toes - say a prayer if you believe - cast a spell if you're a witch/warlock - do whatever your beliefs allow and collectively maybe our prayers/spells/incantations/crossed fingers will actually make a difference. I - like you - and like many others - hope it is unlocked - but we will just have to wait and see...
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: | Alliance 4.1 | CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat (KLTE - UNIFIED)
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - with KTWEAKER
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)