Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free MKV Media player

Tip us?

tomi.omni
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Free MKV Media player

Hi,

any hint for a good media player that accepts most formats incl. MKV? Something like VLC.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to tomi.omni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaliceX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi.omni View Post
Hi,

any hint for a good media player that accepts most formats incl. MKV? Something like VLC.

Thanks
Not free, but http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...a-6f08f46e51f3

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2636
VLC is also coming, you know... already available in the store on x86, they're working on the ARM port as well.

No idea when it'll get here, though. Could be tomorrow, could be in six months. Probably somewhere between those.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

gkarg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi.omni View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Hi

Files&Folders New works for me.

Hope for you too

reggie14
Old
Thanks Meter 10
All of the videos apps I've tried result in poor audio-video sync. The video seems to trail behind the audio by a few tenths of a second. It's quite distracting.

This isn't just MKVs- most of my videos are mp4 anyway, since I also want to play them to other devices that lack MKV support.