Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do i convert an at&t One from Developer's Edition back to at&t stock

Tip us?

infg3570
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] How do i convert an at&t One from Developer's Edition back to at&t stock

Hi all,

I was hoping for a little help. I got my phone last summer on At&t and immediately converted the Developer's Edition. The phone is currently rooted,
has s-off and is on a KitKat Rom.

The above said, would I be able to get back to stock? I've Googled it and can only find instructions on Stock to Developer's, not the other way around.

TIA

infg3570

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 875

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by infg3570 View Post
Hi all,

I was hoping for a little help. I got my phone last summer on At&t and immediately converted the Developer's Edition. The phone is currently rooted,
has s-off and is on a KitKat Rom.

The above said, would I be able to get back to stock? I've Googled it and can only find instructions on Stock to Developer's, not the other way around.

TIA

infg3570
did you s-off ? did you change your CID ?
just change your CID back to AT&T
fastboot oem writecid CWS__001
and flash the AT&T RUU
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...5_signed_2.exe
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

infg3570
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
did you s-off ? did you change your CID ?
just change your CID back to AT&T
fastboot oem writecid CWS__001
and flash the AT&T RUU
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...5_signed_2.exe
Thank you! All though I have email notification set up for replies, I never received one. Interesting is that my CID remains the At&t and i currently have s-off. When I RUU.exe (I downloaded the same the other night), I get an error and it restarts my phone. I'm wondering if it's because I have a KitKat Rom already installed and the software number is slightly higher than the RUU? The software number is 4.18.502.7 (my phone). I think the RUU is 502.1.

Thanks again,
infg3570

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 875

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by infg3570 View Post
Thank you! All though I have email notification set up for replies, I never received one. Interesting is that my CID remains the At&t and i currently have s-off. When I RUU.exe (I downloaded the same the other night), I get an error and it restarts my phone. I'm wondering if it's because I have a KitKat Rom already installed and the software number is slightly higher than the RUU? The software number is 4.18.502.7 (my phone). I think the RUU is 502.1.

Thanks again,
infg3570
If your s-off use my decrypted RUU here
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

instructions are here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2695749
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

infg3570
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post

I tried as you have suggested your decrypted file. Unfortunately, I get an error when trying to run it via ADB in fastboot.

I've rooted when I first got the phone last summer using Revone method/tool. All worked fine and i had continued updating the OS a few times with stock rooted phones.

The last that i updated to was a stock rooted odex kitkat ROM found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2676986
Only thing that seemed wrong was that I couldn't reinstall any of my apps requiring root. The error that would pop up is "Could not install to SD card".

Now, I have to say that I noticed that with some updates, it seems that new ROMS don't clean up the old files/framework even after fully wipes. It seems to back it up in some folders (sdcard0, sdcard00, sdcard000 etc). All though the sdcard folder seems clean and refreshed, the others mentioned had all my old files in there. Since I've updated to kitkat, I can no longer view these folders (I used to use Root Explorer, but now since the kitkat install - I can't). What caused me to notice was the fact that my storage, in the 'Other:' section, shows 20GB out of 32. So, I used ES File Mgr to see if I can create some space by deleting the so-called backup folders. I think that was a bad mistake because now, even after a full data wipe, I still can't:
* Install root-required apps
* flash the zip file you provided
* use the exe version of the zip you provided (still get an error with that as well)
* Clear the 20gb of data I don't need
* get back to the At&t carrier brand from the Developer's Edition that i switched it to back last summer.

Fortunately the phone works fine, but is this hopeless? Anything I can do to get this going again (really thing I messed things up)

Is there anything else I can try?

thank you,

infg3570