Successfully Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Install Safestrap

Search This thread

coooolsandyguy

Jul 16, 2009
Here's the complete instruction for rooting Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks to XDA forum members.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Root Verizon Galaxy Note 3
Model Number: SM-N900V
Build Number: N900VVRUBMJE
Android 4.3

Pre-requisites:
Kingo VERSION 1.1.6 (Doesn't work with latest versions. Device not detected or driver issues)
Worked with Windows XP only. Tried Windows 7 Ultimate & Enterprise Edition
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Uninstalled all Samsung USB Drivers and Kies

2. Installed Samsung driver v1.5.33.0

3. Uninstall previous Kingo versions (just to be safe)

4. Installed Kingo VERSION 1.1.6.
i.e. run "KingoAndroidROOTv116.exe". It will connect to some server and download the Kingo v1.1.6
just need to install through thier download manager. It will check other avg bloatware. Uncheck those.

5. Now connect the phone.
DON'T DISCONNECT THE DEVICE UNTIL WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE

6. Start Kingo. It should now recognize the device.

7. It will download dependencies and fetch scripts from server. Will reboot the device couple of times. After that it will be rooted.

8. SuperSU app on the phone will prompt for root access. Grant it. This message will also be shown in Kingo app.

9. Now the Kingo will show the device is rooted.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Safestrap
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610

Install Safestrap on Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V)
LATEST STABLE FILE: Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65.apk
1) Must be rooted and allow apk from unknown sources.
2) Copy Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65.apk to phone and install
3) Hit Install Recovery. It should be installed.
4) From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.

LTLFTCer

Apr 23, 2010
Is someone screwing with me? I am late to the Note 3 party, picking one up yesterday. Not going to activate unless I can root. I have searched high and low for 1.1.6, have found everything but that version. Is there something specific I should search for, a hint within the forum rules? Thanks! I tried VRoot after getting frustrated and it failed.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Is someone screwing with me? I am late to the Note 3 party, picking one up yesterday. Not going to activate unless I can root. I have searched high and low for 1.1.6, have found everything but that version. Is there something specific I should search for, a hint within the forum rules? Thanks! I tried VRoot after getting frustrated and it failed.

Sent you a PM

Reactions: LTLFTCer

gtort

Sep 25, 2013

Sent you a PM with a link.

Good luck!

Reactions: LTLFTCer

LTLFTCer

Apr 23, 2010
I will say his instructions are correct, tried 1.2 multiple times without success, 3 tries with 1.1.6 and was up and running.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Guys, can I get a link too? I'm in the same situation. Tia.

If somone can pm me a link to 1.1.6 id <3 them

I would like to request a PM with the link to the working version as well.

I looked at the Forum rules and didn't see anything against posting the link, so here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm2zkk1j5e6jbg4/KingoAndroidROOTv116.exe\

This is the Afterdawn Kingo 1.1.6 installer. It will give you 3 options trying to install AVG as your antivirus. Make sure you uncheck those boxes. After you download the file choose open to install. It's easy to figure out after that. If you need help with it post back.

icon123

Oct 13, 2009
I looked at the Forum rules and didn't see anything against posting the link, so here it is:

This is the Afterdawn Kingo 1.1.6 installer. It will give you 3 options trying to install AVG as your antivirus. Make sure you uncheck those boxes. After you download the file choose open to install. It's easy to figure out after that. If you need help with it post back.

Thanks for doing that. Does this trip the Knox counter?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

dekrob

Nov 17, 2009

Ok i got this link from someone earlier, mid rooting it messed up my screen where it will not recognize touch unless i used s-pen. Couldnt find a fix for it, top of the screen worked but bottom portion would not respond to touch. I ended up unrooting and formatting twice and it mysteriously started working normal again.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Ok i got this link from someone earlier, mid rooting it messed up my screen where it will not recognize touch unless i used s-pen. Couldnt find a fix for it, top of the screen worked but bottom portion would not respond to touch. I ended up unrooting and formatting twice and it mysteriously started working normal again.

Sorry to hear that. This is the same file I used. Nothing happened to mine. I did see on the forums someone else say their phone bottom half stopped responding to touch. I believe he said he took the battery out at night and the next morning put it back in and it worked again.

dekrob

Nov 17, 2009
Sorry to hear that. This is the same file I used. Nothing happened to mine. I did see on the forums someone else say their phone bottom half stopped responding to touch. I believe he said he took the battery out at night and the next morning put it back in and it worked again.

Yeah that was me lol, i tried again after that happened with the download above and the same thing happened. Maybe i have a bad device? It is just odd it happened both times after root.

jgoodamn2000

Jul 19, 2013
Can someone kindly send me the link to
v 1.1.6 as well please?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the complete instruction for rooting Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks to XDA forum members.

Root Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Model Number: SM-N900V
    Build Number: N900VVRUBMJE
    Android 4.3

Pre-requisites:
    Kingo VERSION 1.1.6 (Doesn't work with latest versions. Device not detected or driver issues)
    Worked with Windows XP only. Tried Windows 7 Ultimate & Enterprise Edition
    1. Uninstalled all Samsung USB Drivers and Kies

2. Installed Samsung driver v1.5.33.0

3. Uninstall previous Kingo versions (just to be safe)

4. Installed Kingo VERSION 1.1.6.
    i.e. run "KingoAndroidROOTv116.exe". It will connect to some server and download the Kingo v1.1.6
    just need to install through thier download manager. It will check other avg bloatware. Uncheck those.

5. Now connect the phone.
    DON'T DISCONNECT THE DEVICE UNTIL WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE

6. Start Kingo. It should now recognize the device.

7. It will download dependencies and fetch scripts from server. Will reboot the device couple of times. After that it will be rooted.

8. SuperSU app on the phone will prompt for root access. Grant it. This message will also be shown in Kingo app.

9. Now the Kingo will show the device is rooted.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Safestrap
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610

Install Safestrap on Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V)
    LATEST STABLE FILE: Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65.apk
    1) Must be rooted and allow apk from unknown sources.
    2) Copy Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65.apk to phone and install
    3) Hit Install Recovery. It should be installed.
    4) From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.
    Guys, can I get a link too? I'm in the same situation. Tia.

If somone can pm me a link to 1.1.6 id <3 them

I would like to request a PM with the link to the working version as well.

Sent you a PM

Sent you a PM with a link.

Good luck!
    Thanks for doing that. Does this trip the Knox counter?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I don't know. I say screw Knox anyway even if it did trip. :D