No registration required

[ROM][KK][MOTO8960_JBBL] VanirAOSP - Heavy Metal Android Development

OP progrockguy

6th April 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202

143 posts
More
Look what I found while Googling for moto-msm8960! This ROM is very customizable and reminds me of Carbon. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr

TeamVanir presents
VANIR
Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
omniswitch
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d.
UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
yatta yatta yatta

Sources

VanirAOSP
Kernel

Credits
Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
1. Make sure that you have the latest CWM/Philz/TWRP
2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
1, wipe dalvik and cache
2. Flash ROM
3. Flash Gapps
4. Reboot

For fast support, visit us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...32131473754160

Donations
If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
NuclearMistake
Sonicxml
DHO
PrimeDirective
Styr

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download

ISSUES/NOTES:
- No built-in file manager (here is a flashable ZIP of ES Explorer from 2012 I found; last resort only; installs to system)
- Keyboard reportedly crashes, so you must flash Google Keyboard
- HDMI not perfect, but it works

Last edited by progrockguy; 8th December 2014 at 07:53 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to progrockguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
More
Attachment 2672329

Attachment 2672330

Attachment 2672331

Youtube: VANIR Walkthrough
Last edited by progrockguy; 7th April 2014 at 12:28 AM.
6th April 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Eagan
Thanks Meter: 93

224 posts
More
I'll give it a shot. Downloading right now.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
6th April 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Deltona
Thanks Meter: 917

2,019 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good job in finding this rom but if this is not something on development or you are working on then this is a rom sharing which should be posted at the general forum instead i believe like all others are doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TecknoFreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Floresville,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20

351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by progrockguy

Look what I found while Googling for moto-msm8960! This ROM is very customizable and reminds me of Carbon. Enjoy!

Ah Heeeelllll YEEAAHH!!!... Nice...Downloading this right now..

Update: So far all running smoothly. I highly recommend DHO's Gapps. They are VERY minimalist, no Gmail, no YouTube, no maps,pretty much only the play store. Anything you find missing you can download from the play store anyways and the apps wont be tied to the OS. Runs sweet so far, gonna use it as a daily driver for a few days and report back.
Last edited by TabascoTX; 6th April 2014 at 08:56 PM.
7th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecknoFreak

Good job in finding this rom but if this is not something on development or you are working on then this is a rom sharing which should be posted at the general forum instead i believe like all others are doing.

Vanir has been building for our family this entire year -- the nightlies are hosted on official Vanir servers -- and no one's known about it except xt907 guys. That's a major shame for all rom lovers and crackflashers. So I took it upon myself to be a good-faith "thread maintainer" and spread the word

Let's be honest, bro, no one looks in General for roms. It's a graveyard there. These are official nightlies, and they deserve the respect of being in Development. If Team Vanir ever makes an official thread, I'll take this down.
The Following User Says Thank You to progrockguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #7  
Flag Floresville,Texas

351 posts
More
Something I noticed on this rom,Carbon and Pac Roms is under the Preferred Network types,It never wants to stick with anything but GSM/WCDMA. Either in Auto or not,it changes back to that after you exit the screen. Even after I checked the "4636" dialer code,it never kicks to LTE even when I know im in a ATT LTE area.(was in San Antonio earlier today)..Is it just a Rom issue?
7th April 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 40

361 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabascoTX

Something I noticed on this rom,Carbon and Pac Roms is under the Preferred Network types,It never wants to stick with anything but GSM/WCDMA. Either in Auto or not,it changes back to that after you exit the screen. Even after I checked the "4636" dialer code,it never kicks to LTE even when I know im in a ATT LTE area.(was in San Antonio earlier today)..Is it just a Rom issue?

From what I know, its a CM (or aosp, can't remember) related bug and roms that use it as their base have this issue.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackest Pain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabascoTX

Something I noticed on this rom,Carbon and Pac Roms is under the Preferred Network types,It never wants to stick with anything but GSM/WCDMA.

That's odd. I get LTE out of the box and the Settings Preferred Network is set to Global. I changed to GSM preferred without issue to boost battery life (H+ icon). ATT uses a weird APN for LTE, so it could be that. (I'm on Tmo.) Good luck!
7th April 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #10  
Flag Floresville,Texas

351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackest Pain

From what I know, its a CM (or aosp, can't remember) related bug and roms that use it as their base have this issue.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OK,well been running Batakangs Stock based rom. Is there a fix for LTE on ASOP or CM? Ive only found a couple of roms based on Stock,kinda frustrating to loose LTE. Other than,this ROM is rock solid.Battery is drain is minimal. Deff a daily driver if someone could work out the LTE thing. Wifi tethering works too.
Last edited by TabascoTX; 8th April 2014 at 08:03 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread