Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] nano sim question

Tip us?

alhadee12
Old
Thanks Meter 17
[QUOTE=123421342;51436966]Well it is good to be corrected then. I take my statement back, I had no idea verizon started making sense.[/QQUOTE

That's the best thing of heaving the nano SIM. I can switch back to my 5s or Moto X.
Searching for the right device.

jessbowring
Old
(Last edited by jessbowring; 2nd April 2014 at 12:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by meest View Post
You'll go get your m8 and it will come with a new sim. The old one in your iPhone will be burned after they activate the new one and Verizon won't let you use it again. Just swap the new one that comes in your m8. Don't listen to Verizon. I'm using my new sim in my m8, m7, and iPhone 5.
When I got my m8 they activated it, which I didn't know they were going to do. So I asked them to activate my old phone again, which they did on my old SIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiDev View Post
You won't lose NFC capability when swapping SIMs. NFC is part of the phone's hardware. What you will lose is ISIS capability, since that relies on the SIM.

You can use Google wallet just when swapping SIMs.
Verizon said the SIM is for NFC, without the new SIM you won't have NFC even tho your phone is NFC capable. You will lose ISIS capabilities because you will no longer have an NFC SIM.
HTC ONE M8 -Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom
HTC ONE *BLUE* Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom

Retired
Samsung Galaxy S3
Droid Bionic
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X

meest
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbowring View Post
When I got my m8 they activated it, which I didn't know they were going to do. So I asked them to activate my old phone again, which they did on my old SIM.

Verizon said the SIM is for NFC, without the new SIM you won't have NFC even tho your phone is NFC capable. You will lose ISIS capabilities because you will no longer have an NFC SIM.
Impressive that they activated the old SIM. I'm assuming because its a different size that they did that. I've always had one burned. Hopefully their system finally accounts for that.

As for your NFC thing, the new SIM would have to deal with ISIS then, as I used NFC to pay on my M7 and on my GNEX for the last two years. So technically yes you will have NFC and it will work, just ISIS may not work.

levilib
Old
Thanks Meter 10
When upgrading, I asked them about switching back to my old phone, they told me to call them since it's a different size SIM, but I just used an adaptor and there's no problem

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Verizon HTC One (M8)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

chriskader
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meest View Post
Impressive that they activated the old SIM. I'm assuming because its a different size that they did that. I've always had one burned. Hopefully their system finally accounts for that.

As for your NFC thing, the new SIM would have to deal with ISIS then, as I used NFC to pay on my M7 and on my GNEX for the last two years. So technically yes you will have NFC and it will work, just ISIS may not work.
I have always been able to recycle SIM cards on verizon

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon Note 3 with Rick's Rom