Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Boot Loop Error With CWM

OP SoftwareUnknown

15th February 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 US Model YP-G70. I flashed to a newer version of CWM touch recovery 6.0.4.4. Upon completing the flash the screen confirmed that the flash was successful. I then rebooted my Samsung Galaxy Player. Then it entered the boot loop mode being me to the samsung logo and straight into the CWM Recovery and it displayed this error

"
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
"

I then tried to to wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache none of that worked for me I got the same error as before that popped up on my screen, even after I rebooted the device I still get the error message.
So I did a data/factory reset. It didn't work and I got the error "E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log" It doesn't let me restore my nandroid backup or let me update using files/zip from my internal sd card but my external sd card work.

I used odin two times (each time using the same files) and flashed the stock rom, the stock kernel, and the stock pit file and it doesn't successfully completed the task.
This is the message I received

This is version odin3 v1.82
"
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ueki8_min.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
"

This is odin3 v3.07
"
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ueki8_min.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> __Xmit Write fail
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
"

I believe my internal sd card can't be mounted or isn't mounted? Or my CWM recovery is corrupted resulting in this consist reboot taking me back into recovery each time with this error. Can anyone brings together ideas or advice on how to fix this problem? (Device can't be powered off completely by power off option on cwm recovery or by manually pressing the power off button located on the top right hand side of the device., my device will power off for a second and turn back on by itself and reboot me back into the loop which takes to back into CWM recovery menu with the error listed above. Also the download mode screen is off by a couple of inches meaning it's kinda misplaced on the screen) Any Fixes / Update / Patches / Recovery / Mods to solve this error?
6th April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag Redlands
Thanks Meter: 16

129 posts
More
I'm trying to figure out how to get cwm on to my 5.0 could you link to any threads?
6th April 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 110

507 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdman4000

I'm trying to figure out how to get cwm on to my 5.0 could you link to any threads?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1445840
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread