do you advise me to buy the xperia z1 compact

Search This thread

modiko

Feb 8, 2013
Hi everyone , how are y'all doing ?
I have galaxy s4 i9500 . it lags and it's not fast , so I wanna change it but I have some questions .
I've taken a look at all the threads in this department . I found out that the battery is impressive and the camera is so good that you can take beautiful pictures by this small phone . That has amazed me because this phone is small and good and that's what I was looking for . On the other hand , I have noticed that there is alot of problems especially after updating to kit kat such as the flash problem , the speaker voice problem .
I don't really know if I should buy this phone or not .
If you help me , I will really appreciate it but please let me know If you have formated your phone after updating or not because the formating will resolve alot of problems .
last question is : What do you think about the performance ? is it powerful ?

thank you so much :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

throne64

Jan 25, 2012
I know this has nothing to do with your question, but how patiance would you be to wait for a next phone?
It's just a suggestion, but if you are worried about the Z1C ( I'm on the same boat ) the specs of the Xperia Z2 Compact hava just leaked. Everything is still imprecise and it could be 4 months from now or much much more than this for them to release. Just sharing (y)

Last edited:

wind0zer

Feb 15, 2010
I came from the Galaxy S3. I only miss the screen size. My issue with the S3 was the phone book didn't load instantly. Also some lags after ending calls. Now I'm using the Sony and everything's "instant" like it's really supposed to be in any phone - the phone book and calls to be precise.

Last edited:

Beso

I am using Z1C at the moment. I wanted Z2 or SGS5 but I must say Z1S rocks. A little cheaper than other two... But hardware is almost the same, screen size is smaller but for me size iz perfect. And it is very fast, great battery life and great photos. Must have phone

Send from my Z1C using tapatalk

AnDroiD178

Dec 31, 2012
Lion City
Hi everyone , how are y'all doing ?
I have galaxy s4 i9500 . it lags and it's not fast , so I wanna change it but I have some questions .
I've taken a look at all the threads in this department . I found out that the battery is impressive and the camera is so good that you can take beautiful pictures by this small phone . That has amazed me because this phone is small and good and that's what I was looking for . On the other hand , I have noticed that there is alot of problems especially after updating to kit kat such as the flash problem , the speaker voice problem .
I don't really know if I should buy this phone or not .
If you help me , I will really appreciate it but please let me know If you have formated your phone after updating or not because the formating will resolve alot of problems .
last question is : What do you think about the performance ? is it powerful ?

thank you so much :)

Hi,

I came from Google Nexus 4 rooted and with customised ROM. Apart from the slightly bigger screen size and cooler colours (some prefer warmer colours which this Z1 compact does show, to me), there's nothing much else that I missed. This Xperia compact handles better using one hand and the screen is sharper and more vibrant. It's very snappy, menu navigation is smooth and swift, so far no noticable lag from the few days that I used it. I also rooted successfully using the guide, no worries. I did a total factory reset/wipe before I flash the zips after rooting. Touch wood, have not experienced sound issues. And that camera, seems like the G lens is quite sharp, no serious corner lens distortions like some reviews mentioned. It's way better than that LG phone. Colours are good. You are right! I'm at more than 4 hours screen time, which is impossible for Nexus 4.

modiko

Feb 8, 2013
I know this has nothing to do with your question, but how patiance would you be to wait for a next phone?
It's just a suggestion, but if you are worried about the Z1C ( I'm on the same boat ) the specs of the Xperia Z2 Compact hava just leaked. Everything is still imprecise and it could be 4 months from now or much much more than this for them to release. Just sharing (y)

I actually can't wait for 4 months because I'm traveling to the US in 3 months and I wanna take a phone with me . As we all know , there is no Sony in the United States .

modiko

Feb 8, 2013
Hi,

I came from Google Nexus 4 rooted and with customised ROM. Apart from the slightly bigger screen size and cooler colours (some prefer warmer colours which this Z1 compact does show, to me), there's nothing much else that I missed. This Xperia compact handles better using one hand and the screen is sharper and more vibrant. It's very snappy, menu navigation is smooth and swift, so far no noticable lag from the few days that I used it. I also rooted successfully using the guide, no worries. I did a total factory reset/wipe before I flash the zips after rooting. Touch wood, have not experienced sound issues. And that camera, seems like the G lens is quite sharp, no serious corner lens distortions like some reviews mentioned. It's way better than that LG phone. Colours are good. You are right! I'm at more than 4 hours screen time, which is impossible for Nexus 4.

what do you think about the flash light ? does it have any problems ?

AnDroiD178

Dec 31, 2012
Lion City
what do you think about the flash light ? does it have any problems ?

I tried taking some 'normal' flash pictures and have not seen those flash bleed issues, if that's what you mean? I didn't deliberately flash into a blank sky or in total darkness to try and re-create people's issues.