Default [Q] Keep "Daydream" awake WITHOUT charging?

Hi all,
So if you are on Android 4.2+, you may already know the feature called Daydream, which is essentially a screensaver that activates when the phone is docked or charging. I'm very fond of how minimalistic the screensaver clock is, and I would like to put my phone in this Daydream mode and wrap it on my wrist so that it acts as a low power "smart watch".
Question is, I can't seem to figure out how to keep Daydream awake without having to keep the phone plugged in.
1. I used various "wake lock" apps that can keep screen awake in regular cases, but they all don't work in Daydream.
2. I tried an app named Car Mode Enabler which sends a sticky "car mode" intent. The phone thinks it's docked and goes into Daydream, but it would still shut the screen after some time.
3. I tried to find an app that sends charging intents (so as to simulate a charging behavior) but to no avail.

So can anyone get me out of this? You can either tell me how to make Daydream stay on, or even better, tell me if there's an app that functions like Daydream (white clock on black background, with system font). Thanks in advance!

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10 Unofficial + GS3 Addon)[/B]
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia N97-1 (RM-505 22.0.110 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.