XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help root SPH-L710 with Stock OTA 4.3 MK3

Tip us?

dpagliar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76 View Post
For both of you, flash the tar version of philz recovery via pc Odin, reboot to recovery and flash the latest SuperSu update(make sure it's downloaded to your phone before you flash recovery ). That should do the trick.
aah!! yay, that worked (mostly). For whatever reason, SuperSU didn't install after flashing it in recovery, but it booted up and I installed the same version which is now available from Google Play and that did the trick.

Thanks!!!!!!

girron
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by poit View Post
This is how I rooted stock MK3 on Sprint. Read the instructions carefully. The trick for me was to go to the play store once I was done and re-install or upgrade SuperSU, then run it.
I am now on MK3, rooted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1963812
Tried this and still get

There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!

I got the red android and it passed through Odin so I am not sure what is going on

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by girron View Post
Tried this and still get

There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!

I got the red android and it passed through Odin so I am not sure what is going on
Try flashing Philz recovery through Odin, then the latest Supersu update zip philz recovery. That'll get you set up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thaifani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hi the saferoot work perfectly

yes I tried the Saferoot in this thread and it worked perfectly
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&highlight=s3

gherman222
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I've never worked on a Sprint before, but I've done some digging through the forums. My sister's Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps turning off, rebooting, etc. so she's looking for a remedy. I thought maybe I could root it and install a custom 4.3 ROM. If someone could help me out with the easiest, fool-proof way to root, install a custom recovery, and a stable ROM I would be greatly appreciative. I'm on Verizon, so I'm very scared to mess with her phone since we have the locked bootloader and Knox. Thanks in advance for any help this great community can provide!
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 - "If I helped you, click 'Thanks'"

gherman222
Old
Thanks Meter 33
She took the 4.3 ota

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 - "If I helped you, click 'Thanks'"