Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[ROM][AOSP][FIREBALL][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC Inc 4G LTE codefireX

OP jrior001

9th February 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

82 posts
Thanks for the answers. It is a nice smooth ROM and the things I asked about are not really a big deal. It won't keep me from using it because I finally found an AOSP rom that doesn't bork my radio.

Now I just need to figure out how to flash a few modified stock .apks. My updater script doesn't seem to work with Kit Kat or my current version of recovery. I may have to try and remember how to do it manually. It's been so long that i've forgotten the steps.
11th February 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #12  

82 posts
Just wanted to pop in and say while I would love to give you feedback on the ROM, I have no feedback to give. It has run without a hitch for everything I have used it for. I have no idea what you guys are adding in the latest nightlies, but the version I am using from February 8 is about as stable a ROM as I have ever used. I can't see how any of the newer nightlies could work better. I have no plans to update to a newer version until I see some significant additions, like the ones I mentioned a few posts up.

A couple of side questions. If you were me would you enable ART or stick with Dalvik? Is ART still in the infant stages at this point?

Also, what does the CFXTools.apk do? I always cleanup the ROMs I install by deleting apps, sounds, etc. that I have no use for. I was hesitant to remove the CFXTools.apk because I wasn't sure what it did. In looking inside the .apk, I think it is a weather app because I noticed all the .png files reference weather conditions.

Thanks for the great ROM. Others should really try this one if they want Kit Kat on their Inc4G.
11th February 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 2,641

1,775 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjoe13

Just wanted to pop in and say while I would love to give you feedback on the ROM, I have no feedback to give. It has run without a hitch for everything I have used it for. I have no idea what you guys are adding in the latest nightlies, but the version I am using from February 8 is about as stable a ROM as I have ever used. I can't see how any of the newer nightlies could work better. I have no plans to update to a newer version until I see some significant additions, like the ones I mentioned a few posts up.

A couple of side questions. If you were me would you enable ART or stick with Dalvik? Is ART still in the infant stages at this point?

Also, what does the CFXTools.apk do? I always cleanup the ROMs I install by deleting apps, sounds, etc. that I have no use for. I was hesitant to remove the CFXTools.apk because I wasn't sure what it did. In looking inside the .apk, I think it is a weather app because I noticed all the .png files reference weather conditions.

Thanks for the great ROM. Others should really try this one if they want Kit Kat on their Inc4G.

At that point CFXtools was an unimplemented weather app and all of our internal shorcuts and java goodies...its a holding place for all things cfx. So don't delete it

ART here is stable as ive ever seen on 4.4. AOSP has moved to art exclusivley upstream now. I will warn you though, there are some apps that just wont work on ART. Also when you switch first bot will take 10-15 minutes, and then you should reboot 2 more times to let it finish optimizing apps. After that you should be solid. This procedure will need to be done again if you flash a newer nightly.

Oh and FYI...ART is fast!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #14  

82 posts
Thanks again for the info. I went ahead and switched to ART. Every app I use seems to work fine. The one thing I noticed was that ART uses more space than Dalvik. I lost about 115mb of space switching to ART. For now I don't think that is a big deal. Apps do seem to launch a bit faster. The one I really noticed it on was PowerAmp. I'll be curious to see what it does for battery life.
13th February 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #15  

82 posts
How do you get codefire to mount your removable sdcard when you connect the phone to the computer? It only mounts my internal storage. Thx...
13th February 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach

1,775 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjoe13

How do you get codefire to mount your removable sdcard when you connect the phone to the computer? It only mounts my internal storage. Thx...

I'll look into that, not many devices have the SD card now. We may be missing something for that.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #17  

82 posts
OK, thanks.

Do you have anyone involved with Codefire that has any theming knowledge? I'm trying to change the blue dialer numbers to white and can't seem to figure out how to do that. I changed all the dial_num_*_wht .png files in the dialer.apk and teleservice.apk, but that only changed the numbers for the incall dialpad. It did not change the numbers for the main dialer. I've looked through a bunch of the .apks trying to find reference to the dial_num files but so far have only found them in the dialer and teleservice .apks and that didn't work. Thought maybe you had someone on staff who might know what I am overlooking. Thanks....
21st February 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
GPS and Ext sd card
Anyone having any issues with GPS locking on? Any suggestions?

Also get sd card unavailable, have tried to set path in root browser to /storage but no joy. Any suggestions?

Installed yesterday and is running very smooth.
Thanks
6th April 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach

1,775 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sad day in the CFX world. CFX as we know it now is dead. Our 2 main leaders have parted ways with a difference of opinion in the future direction of the project. Thanks to all who have participated in this.

Mods its time to close up shop here.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread