Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 mini - Caller can't hear me.

Tip us?

jiggerouzo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] S4 mini - Caller can't hear me.

Hi

I have a Galaxy S4 mini but when someone calls they cannot hear me but I can hear them. It does work when on Speaker phone and I guess this is due to the mic on the top of the phone is used for Speaker and the one at the base is used normally. I've checked and the mic hole hasn't any fluff in there and factory reset didn't work either. The phone was purchased off of ebay recently and i'll probably end up sending it back but wondered if there is a fix i hadn't heard about yet? Does anyone know if there is an app or a way that I can switch the primary mic from the base to use the working one at the top in all situations?

thanks.

RoyaLKurTx3
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerouzo View Post
Hi

I have a Galaxy S4 mini but when someone calls they cannot hear me but I can hear them. It does work when on Speaker phone and I guess this is due to the mic on the top of the phone is used for Speaker and the one at the base is used normally. I've checked and the mic hole hasn't any fluff in there and factory reset didn't work either. The phone was purchased off of ebay recently and i'll probably end up sending it back but wondered if there is a fix i hadn't heard about yet? Does anyone know if there is an app or a way that I can switch the primary mic from the base to use the working one at the top in all situations?

thanks.
Most probably you have problems with the mic itself and ain't fixable with just firmwares.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195