5,595,815 Members 37,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restricted Profiles?

Tip us?
 
cc_hergott
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Restricted Profiles?

One of the options which led me to choose the Note 10.1 2014 Edition of the IPAD Air was its ability to support multiple users. However, there seems to be no ability to create a restricted profile on the tablet. I know this is one of the features of Android 4.3. Am I missing something? Should I be hoping a future update has this capability? Is it Samsung who is not providing it? Is there any other way to restrict profiles on the Note 10.1 2014 Edition?
 
cyburke
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 517
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I too would like to know the answer to this question... On the Samsung Support website, for the P600 (Wi-Fi Note 2014) it shows the exact steps you can take to add multiple (Up to 8) User Profiles. However that option is not shown on my tablet nor does it appear to be showing on others. Does anyone have an answer for this?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/fa...SM-P6000ZKYXAR

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
kkretch
Old
(Last edited by kkretch; 18th February 2014 at 11:55 PM.)
#3  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 865
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: near Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke View Post
I too would like to know the answer to this question... On the Samsung Support website, for the P600 (Wi-Fi Note 2014) it shows the exact steps you can take to add multiple (Up to 8) User Profiles. However that option is not shown on my tablet nor does it appear to be showing on others. Does anyone have an answer for this?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/fa...SM-P6000ZKYXAR

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Are you Rooted?

So your SM-P600 does not have a users section in settings/general/

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_hergott View Post
One of the options which led me to choose the Note 10.1 2014 Edition of the IPAD Air was its ability to support multiple users. However, there seems to be no ability to create a restricted profile on the tablet. I know this is one of the features of Android 4.3. Am I missing something? Should I be hoping a future update has this capability? Is it Samsung who is not providing it? Is there any other way to restrict profiles on the Note 10.1 2014 Edition?
What firmware version are you running, are you rooted and what country do you reside in.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate
 
cyburke
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 517
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch View Post
Are you Rooted?

So your SM-P600 does not have a users section in settings/general

What firmware version are you running, are you rooted and what country do you reside in.
Yes, rooted.

No, do not have a Users section.

Clean Rom, USA.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
 
kkretch
Old
#5  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 865
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: near Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke View Post
Yes, rooted.

No, do not have a Users section.

Clean Rom, USA.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
I'm not rooted and the option is in my settings. Have you tried other custom roms or tried to re-install factory MK1?
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate
 
kisrita
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 393
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch View Post
I'm not rooted and the option is in my settings. Have you tried other custom roms or tried to re-install factory MK1?
Same here.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
 
daoom
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 136
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke View Post
Yes, rooted.

No, do not have a Users section.

Clean Rom, USA.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
MK1 has the restricted profiles. Clean ROM (which I'm running as well) is based on ML1 from which it seems the profiles have been removed. If you want the restricted profiles your only option is to flash a stock MK1 image since I'm not aware of any custom ROM for the P600 based on MK1 as of yet.
 
Co-re
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 52
Join Date: Oct 2013
MK1 had multi user support, NOT restricted profiles. MK1 OTA seems to be out only in USA.
 
huotg01
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co-re View Post
MK1 had multi user support, NOT restricted profiles. MK1 OTA seems to be out only in USA.
Very right. I confirm.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...