Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One M8 Overheating

OP maverick34jjv

6th April 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I could not find anything on this on these forums nor through a series of Google searches, but I have two Verizon-branded HTC One M8's and they both overheat pretty easily, I understand that phones get hot, and the metal on the HTC One M8 makes this a bit more extreme, but when playing Plants Vs Zombies 2, God of Light, and sometimes general Media playback, the phone gets extremely hot to the point where I cannot hold it. It happens within 2-4 minutes. I was wondering if anyone else had this happening to them. If anyone could shed some light for me, I would really appreciate it.
6th April 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag GunRu
Thanks Meter: 403

1,053 posts
More
U def have some problems if u can't even hold it... I would exchange both
6th April 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 188

3,349 posts
More
If u search on here youll see a few threads. It seems the only thing in common here is the silver color model does this more often and the dark grey colored model does this less. Relevance, Idk but just the common theme. I would say for sure hands down get a new replacement!

I don't play those games but do play dead trigger 2 often on highest graphic settings. This game by far has to be one of the most graphic intense mobile games for a gpu imo at least. I can play 20min straight and using the GSam battery app after playing the highest I've seen the temp get is 98 degrees F. That is nothing for a device like this. My last device was over clocked tegra 3 chip on the HTC one X+ and 10min of same game phone got to around 115-120 degrees F, now that is Hot!

Since everyone has an opinion on the word "Hot" I would suggest getting GSam battery app for free. Gives u the exact temp of ur phone to help compare. I also have a case on my device so in theory my phone should get even hotter, less ventilation.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Hottest I ever got this device so far is 101 degrees F. I did this on purpose too to see what it takes since this thing does not get hot. Had to play YouTube videos, download mp3 files, play dead trigger 2, download emails, be on Facebook, all literally at the same time and running in the background multi tasking between them all. Now this is a hell of a phone!
The Following User Says Thank You to deeznuts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks guys, my phone is hitting 113 F on GSam playing for 10 minutes, and there are literally no background tasks running. I took off the DotView case before running the test. I have both the Silver and Dark Grey, both giving similar results. I'll check with Verizon, seeing how you can play Dead Trigger 2, and not hit that number.
6th April 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 188

3,349 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick34jjv

Thanks guys, my phone is hitting 113 F on GSam playing for 10 minutes, and there are literally no background tasks running. I took off the DotView case before running the test. I have both the Silver and Dark Grey, both giving similar results. I'll check with Verizon, seeing how you can play Dead Trigger 2, and not hit that number.

For sure they are bunk bro, return to Verizon ASAP for free exchange for a new one on both! I was playing Dead Trigger 2 last night with no other apps open for over 20min straight. Hottest the phone got was 105 degrees F and just felt warm, not Hot by any means. I do have a incipio duo case on it so not sure the "feel" of the heat when device is naked but again just felt "warm" at this temp. For that kind of workload though i think this would be standard for my device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread