XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

slimport not working

Tip us?

kicsrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default slimport not working

i have a samsung tv (old tv but still 720p) that if i connect the nexus 5 via slimport it works really well, but if i connect the nexus 7 .... all it shows is black picture, when there is no picture a msg appears as no signal, in this case only black is showing, donīt know what settings to change in order to work correctly

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicsrules View Post
i have a samsung tv (old tv but still 720p) that if i connect the nexus 5 via slimport it works really well, but if i connect the nexus 7 .... all it shows is black picture, when there is no picture a msg appears as no signal, in this case only black is showing, donīt know what settings to change in order to work correctly
Are you using a custom ROM? May not be incorporated yet. It has always worked flawless on my ROM setup. If it's working on one and not the other, that's where I would start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

kicsrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
no, the tablet is not rooted, stock 4.4.2 ... :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kicsrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
no one ?...

i dont think its the cable or the slimport adapter because it use the same adapter and cable with the nexus 5 and works perfectly

:/

Da Flex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using a Nexus 7/2013 with original Slimport adapter on a Panasonic TV. It's not plug-and-play most of the time.

But rebooting the tablet will make it work. Stay on the TV's HDMI input channel while the tablet is rebooting.

I think it's a problem around the handshake protocol of HDMI.

kicsrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
will try it, will report later

kicsrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
no video out at all after making a fix on the touchscreen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428133

nexus 5 video out (same slimport adapter) working flawlessly