FORUMS

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

slimport not working

Thanks Meter: 9

By kicsrules, Senior Member on 21st January 2014, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have a samsung tv (old tv but still 720p) that if i connect the nexus 5 via slimport it works really well, but if i connect the nexus 7 .... all it shows is black picture, when there is no picture a msg appears as no signal, in this case only black is showing, donīt know what settings to change in order to work correctly

22nd January 2014, 04:42 AM |#2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicsrules

i have a samsung tv (old tv but still 720p) that if i connect the nexus 5 via slimport it works really well, but if i connect the nexus 7 .... all it shows is black picture, when there is no picture a msg appears as no signal, in this case only black is showing, donīt know what settings to change in order to work correctly

Are you using a custom ROM? May not be incorporated yet. It has always worked flawless on my ROM setup. If it's working on one and not the other, that's where I would start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd January 2014, 02:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
no, the tablet is not rooted, stock 4.4.2 ... :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
no one ?...

i dont think its the cable or the slimport adapter because it use the same adapter and cable with the nexus 5 and works perfectly

:/
30th January 2014, 03:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm using a Nexus 7/2013 with original Slimport adapter on a Panasonic TV. It's not plug-and-play most of the time.

But rebooting the tablet will make it work. Stay on the TV's HDMI input channel while the tablet is rebooting.

I think it's a problem around the handshake protocol of HDMI.
30th January 2014, 08:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
will try it, will report later
6th April 2014, 06:22 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
no video out at all after making a fix on the touchscreen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428133

nexus 5 video out (same slimport adapter) working flawlessly
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread