Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

stock 4.3 may be unlocked &rooted with jtag!?!

Tip us?
 
bigshotrob22
Old
#11  
bigshotrob22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 631
Posts: 1,117
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tucson
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevnube View Post
Had anybody else been able to confirm this? It seems that there are a lot of threads about people being bummed about their phones that have 4.3 them. This could be their solution.
http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...grade-service/


Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to bigshotrob22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
oneders65
Old
#12  
oneders65's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 666
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Plainview, TX
Default Price

I think the price is pretty steep. Would be nice if someone could post the steps or solution.
HTC ERIS - ROOTED
TT v8

It's not the size of the dog in the fight! It's the size of the fight in the dog in the fight!!
 
bigshotrob22
Old
#13  
bigshotrob22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 631
Posts: 1,117
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tucson
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneders65 View Post
I think the price is pretty steep. Would be nice if someone could post the steps or solution.
Yea I agree, but since they can only do it they can pretty much charge what they want unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
 
xdadevnube
Old
#14  
xdadevnube's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 741
Join Date: Jun 2011
Well, at least there is a solution... Hopefully, those willing to pay will see this option
 
guitari
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Collaboration is key in XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steurer1 View Post
I just bought a note 2 off of swappa that is completely stock and on 4.3. Since reading many post about Knox and how this bootloader is completely locked down now I contacted mobile tech videos to see if they could unlock, root, and put custom recovery on this phone with the knox 4.3 update... They replied YES!!! Their guy emailed me back saying that they do have a service for downgrading, rooting, and cutom recovery install...I'm not sure about people with the knox already flagged or other circumstances. You would have to email and check...but for 30$ in my stock 4.3 locked situation this seems like my only option to install custom rooms and recovery. I haven't done it yet. I will be within a couple days. But I have used their service before on a droid dna unlock with no issues. We shall see. Just though some of you might like to have the info to contact them for yourselves.




This is a repost because I saw someone preaching about the MobileTechVideos again. I have spent a vast amount of research and hands on technical work on downgrading

From: VRUEMJ9 4.3
To: VRALJB 4.1.1

And it possible. The problem isn't downgrading the ROM, it's the bootloader, it consistently stays at a 4.3 Bootloader while the ROM is at 4.1.1. Your post looks more like a promotion/advertisement, therefore I ask you Steurer1, can MobileTechVideos:

1) Downgrade the bootloader
2) Unlock the bootloader
3) Load a custom recovery (CWM, Philz, TWRP).......
4) Furthermore installing a custom rom?


From your post, you acknowledged this, so assuming MobileTechVideos can accomplish all this, then these guys are gurus and I will happily send them my phone, tuck my tail between my legs, and hats off to them! Taking it a step further, this is what fellow techies really want: If we could please get a technical post by MobileTechVideos here on XDA describing the process that they used to perform the four requirements above. This would be the most beneficial post that the rest of the Note II SCH-I605 4.3 community could really appreciate. Awaiting a follow up Steurer1.
 
jcollier
Old
#16  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 455
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitari View Post
Your post looks more like a promotion/advertisement, therefore I ask you Steurer1, can MobileTechVideos:

1) Downgrade the bootloader
2) Unlock the bootloader
3) Load a custom recovery (CWM, Philz, TWRP).......
4) Furthermore installing a custom rom?
Well, looking at their site, you can see they are not going to do steps 2-4. That is up to you when you get your phone back. They are only going to downgrade the bootloader from the non-unlockable 4.3 version to the unlockable 4.1.2.

And I have no vested interest in the company and have never used their services, but by all indications that are a reputable business. Their name comes up constantly for unbricking devices.

Also, given that they currently have the market cornered on the service, I truly can't imagine they would release all the technical details on how they are doing it. They have a monetary interest to not let it get out, in fact. Just my two cents.
 
shotgun1976
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 66
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitari View Post
This is a repost because I saw someone preaching about the MobileTechVideos again. I have spent a vast amount of research and hands on technical work on downgrading

From: VRUEMJ9 4.3
To: VRALJB 4.1.1

And it possible. The problem isn't downgrading the ROM, it's the bootloader, it consistently stays at a 4.3 Bootloader while the ROM is at 4.1.1. Your post looks more like a promotion/advertisement, therefore I ask you Steurer1, can MobileTechVideos:

1) Downgrade the bootloader
2) Unlock the bootloader
3) Load a custom recovery (CWM, Philz, TWRP).......
4) Furthermore installing a custom rom?


From your post, you acknowledged this, so assuming MobileTechVideos can accomplish all this, then these guys are gurus and I will happily send them my phone, tuck my tail between my legs, and hats off to them! Taking it a step further, this is what fellow techies really want: If we could please get a technical post by MobileTechVideos here on XDA describing the process that they used to perform the four requirements above. This would be the most beneficial post that the rest of the Note II SCH-I605 4.3 community could really appreciate. Awaiting a follow up Steurer1.
I have a galaxy note 2 gt-n7105 and running 4.3 with knox tripped at 0X1. everybody telling me you cant downgrade. I can only downgrade to 4.1.2 using a backup using clockworkmod. but the funny thing is using odin I can flash 4.1.1 I don't have a clue why no other older firmware cant be flushed using odin but I can flash 4.1.1 so Sguitari your telling me I am running 4.1.1 but still using the 4.3 locked bootloader ????????? CAN SOMEBODY SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS. THANKS
 
sideshow03
Old
#18  
sideshow03's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 19
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix
Thumbs up worked for me

I didnt have the Knox issue but I did have a hard bricked NOTE 2. My jig didnt work and there was no life to the phone at all, but then I saw mobile tech videos site and sent in my device. My NOTE 2 was returned with in the stated time frame (I did not request rush service as this is not my primary device) and in perfect working condition. They are very easy to work with and have an excellent level of communication. An additional USB cable that I ordered was not in the return envelope but upon sending a polite email to Josh it was sent to me the next day. I would highly recommend mobile tech for any problem that you are not able to fix yourself.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more

Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more

Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more