Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[solved] No service with Paranoid Android 4.1 ROM: Help please

Tip us?

gianpaoloc
Old
(Last edited by gianpaoloc; 6th April 2014 at 08:48 PM.) Reason: Solved my issue
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [solved] No service with Paranoid Android 4.1 ROM: Help please

I installed Paranoid Android rom coming from JB with cocore 9.0. I followed the instructions (installing boot.img then the rom, gapps and supersu). Everything went smooth but I ended up with "no service". Apparently my sim card is not recognized. I use an italian SIM (TIM).

Any suggestion?

I had to revert back to my (nandroid backupped) old rom.

Sincerely
G.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianpaoloc View Post
I installe Paranoid Android rom coming from JB with cocore 9.0. I followed the instructions (installing boot.img then the rom, gapps and supersu). Everything went smooth but I ended up with "no service". Apparently my sim card is not recognized. I use an italian SIM (TIM).

Any suggestion?

I had to revert back to my (nandroid backupped) old rom.

Sincerely
G.
Do Factory reset.

gianpaoloc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Do Factory reset.
Done, before and after installing the rom. Same result.

I also tried revierting back to my old rom (re-flashed with odin) and reistalling PA from the beginning. Same result.

I forgot to mention my device is a GT-I9070P. I thought it was the same as I9070 apart from the NFC (which I do not care about). Is this correct?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
G.

TPD-21
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:

I also tried revierting back to my old rom (re-flashed with odin) and reistalling PA from the beginning. Same result.

I forgot to mention my device is a GT-I9070P. I thought it was the same as I9070 apart from the NFC (which I do not care about). Is this correct?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
G.
Can you make sure that you re-install the firmware (stock ROM) Firmware GT-i9070P with similar, I mean with the Stock ROM GT-i9070p not GT-I9070 Stock ROM? Due to my knowledge although one brand, but both devices have different firmware (specially Stock ROM). As an example here.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
G.
In that case you must follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191628

gianpaoloc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
In that case you must follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191628
You deserve the biggest possible thanks!!!

Indeed, I substituted the "tee" folder in paranoid android rom with the tee folder I found under my own I9070P JB rom (/system/lib/tee) and restarted from the beginning. This time everything went smooth and I have my network.

For those interested, I was using a samsung original I9070P JB rom, so the "tee" folder is the one coming from the original samsung firmware and it worked flawlessly with CM11 based paranoid android.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely
G.