Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

[solved] No service with Paranoid Android 4.1 ROM: Help please

OP gianpaoloc

6th April 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I installed Paranoid Android rom coming from JB with cocore 9.0. I followed the instructions (installing boot.img then the rom, gapps and supersu). Everything went smooth but I ended up with "no service". Apparently my sim card is not recognized. I use an italian SIM (TIM).

Any suggestion?

I had to revert back to my (nandroid backupped) old rom.

Sincerely
G.
Last edited by gianpaoloc; 6th April 2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Solved my issue
6th April 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,433

7,562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianpaoloc

I installe Paranoid Android rom coming from JB with cocore 9.0. I followed the instructions (installing boot.img then the rom, gapps and supersu). Everything went smooth but I ended up with "no service". Apparently my sim card is not recognized. I use an italian SIM (TIM).

Any suggestion?

I had to revert back to my (nandroid backupped) old rom.

Sincerely
G.

Do Factory reset.
6th April 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Do Factory reset.

Done, before and after installing the rom. Same result.

I also tried revierting back to my old rom (re-flashed with odin) and reistalling PA from the beginning. Same result.

I forgot to mention my device is a GT-I9070P. I thought it was the same as I9070 apart from the NFC (which I do not care about). Is this correct?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
G.
6th April 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Southern Borneo Island
Thanks Meter: 293

717 posts
More
Quote:

I also tried revierting back to my old rom (re-flashed with odin) and reistalling PA from the beginning. Same result.

I forgot to mention my device is a GT-I9070P. I thought it was the same as I9070 apart from the NFC (which I do not care about). Is this correct?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
G.

Can you make sure that you re-install the firmware (stock ROM) Firmware GT-i9070P with similar, I mean with the Stock ROM GT-i9070p not GT-I9070 Stock ROM? Due to my knowledge although one brand, but both devices have different firmware (specially Stock ROM). As an example here.
6th April 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,433

7,562 posts
More
Quote:

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
G.

In that case you must follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191628
6th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

In that case you must follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191628

You deserve the biggest possible thanks!!!

Indeed, I substituted the "tee" folder in paranoid android rom with the tee folder I found under my own I9070P JB rom (/system/lib/tee) and restarted from the beginning. This time everything went smooth and I have my network.

For those interested, I was using a samsung original I9070P JB rom, so the "tee" folder is the one coming from the original samsung firmware and it worked flawlessly with CM11 based paranoid android.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely
G.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread