[how to] return your MID to stock vzw

6th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 58

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla2

I did do the update to 8.1, but my laptop ran like crap afterward. So bad that I restored the computer back to 8.0. Does adb work with 8.1?

this I find very very hard to believe. since it's only windows 8 with a few tweaks.

but yes, and no.
adb works on everything, the issue with 8/8.1 is fastboot.

but with the patches that you can manually get now, OR when they are released on the 8th via windows update (8.1 only)
fastboot works.
6th April 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #12  
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 119

543 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_drache

this I find very very hard to believe. since it's only windows 8 with a few tweaks.

Well believe it. Example...after I did the upgrade, any program I clicked on took forever to open. I would see the little hour glass going round and round. With the web browser open, clicking on a link or shortcut would pretty much do the same. Even a simple web page like craigslist took forever to open up. Restore back to 8, all problems gone. I suppose maybe I got a bad download? They are releasing a new version on the 8th? Maybe I'll try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_drache

but yes, and no.
adb works on everything, the issue with 8/8.1 is fastboot.

but with the patches that you can manually get now, OR when they are released on the 8th via windows update (8.1 only)
fastboot works.

The problem I am having is my phone is not being recognized. And the drivers, like the one Scott posted above won't work. It says the driver installer is not supported for this operating system.
6th April 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,322

2,279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla2

The problem I am having is my phone is not being recognized. And the drivers, like the one Scott posted above won't work. It says the driver installer is not supported for this operating system.

the drivers i listed are for windows 7 and below. sorry i cant help you on win 8+,im not familiar with it. another option would be to make an ubuntu live cd. no drivers eequired there
6th April 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #14  
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 119

543 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

the drivers i listed are for windows 7 and below. sorry i cant help you on win 8+,im not familiar with it. another option would be to make an ubuntu live cd. no drivers eequired there

I got adb and fastboot working fine on my old Windows XP Toshiba. Kind of scary though on a 12 year old laptop lol
The Following User Says Thank You to sofla2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread