Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[how to] return your MID to stock vzw

Tip us?

dr_drache
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla2 View Post
I did do the update to 8.1, but my laptop ran like crap afterward. So bad that I restored the computer back to 8.0. Does adb work with 8.1?
this I find very very hard to believe. since it's only windows 8 with a few tweaks.

but yes, and no.
adb works on everything, the issue with 8/8.1 is fastboot.

but with the patches that you can manually get now, OR when they are released on the 8th via windows update (8.1 only)
fastboot works.

sofla2
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_drache View Post
this I find very very hard to believe. since it's only windows 8 with a few tweaks.
Well believe it. Example...after I did the upgrade, any program I clicked on took forever to open. I would see the little hour glass going round and round. With the web browser open, clicking on a link or shortcut would pretty much do the same. Even a simple web page like craigslist took forever to open up. Restore back to 8, all problems gone. I suppose maybe I got a bad download? They are releasing a new version on the 8th? Maybe I'll try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_drache View Post
but yes, and no.
adb works on everything, the issue with 8/8.1 is fastboot.

but with the patches that you can manually get now, OR when they are released on the 8th via windows update (8.1 only)
fastboot works.
The problem I am having is my phone is not being recognized. And the drivers, like the one Scott posted above won't work. It says the driver installer is not supported for this operating system.

scotty1223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2183
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla2 View Post
The problem I am having is my phone is not being recognized. And the drivers, like the one Scott posted above won't work. It says the driver installer is not supported for this operating system.
the drivers i listed are for windows 7 and below. sorry i cant help you on win 8+,im not familiar with it. another option would be to make an ubuntu live cd. no drivers eequired there
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund

sofla2
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223 View Post
the drivers i listed are for windows 7 and below. sorry i cant help you on win 8+,im not familiar with it. another option would be to make an ubuntu live cd. no drivers eequired there
I got adb and fastboot working fine on my old Windows XP Toshiba. Kind of scary though on a 12 year old laptop lol
The Following User Says Thank You to sofla2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]