Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 41,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update again?

Tip us?
 
LaughinGoh
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Default [Q] Update again?

I updated my Z1 to build number 14.3.A.0.681 2 weeks ago through PCC, but today I got a notification on my phone and also when plugged into PCC saying a new system update is available, the same 14.3.A.0.681

Should I update again? if not, how do I get rid of the notifications?
 
-Happy Feet-
Old
#2  
-Happy Feet-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 785
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bad Soden-Salmünster/Hessen

 
DONATE TO ME
Is possible. Sony would release today an new firmware update

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
Device: Sony Xperia Z1 with iHackers 3.0 ROM

my private Blog http://smartdroidblog.de

Join the HTC One X Community on Google Plus https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...24804552147334
 
HellRoot
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughinGoh View Post
I updated my Z1 to build number 14.3.A.0.681 2 weeks ago through PCC, but today I got a notification on my phone and also when plugged into PCC saying a new system update is available, the same 14.3.A.0.681

Should I update again? if not, how do I get rid of the notifications?
would be unlikely for sony to name the new firmware as the previous one... dont update yet..
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar
 
0000alex0000
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 181
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot View Post
would be unlikely for sony to name the new firmware as the previous one... dont update yet..
there is something new in this "update": a new junk app. but that's it. so no need to update, but you probably have to just to get rid of the notification...

i guess your device is c6903 hong kong right?
 
LaughinGoh
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000alex0000 View Post
there is something new in this "update": a new junk app. but that's it. so no need to update, but you probably have to just to get rid of the notification...

i guess your device is c6903 hong kong right?
Yeah. C6903 Hong Kong. What's the new app?
 
tonylcc
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 101
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughinGoh View Post
Yeah. C6903 Hong Kong. What's the new app?
dont have any new apps after the 20.2MB OTA for my Z1 C6903......and I cant find any big different after update =_=
 
gregbradley
Old
#7  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3812
Posts: 8,989
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester
Its an OTA update, just flash it, its fine. It may not be enough to jump a version number as it is just the fix for sound issues

AFAIK...

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.
 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.


 
LaughinGoh
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
So I ended up updating it. Don't see any difference. But I did notice I can change my lockscreen wallpaper now. Before the first KK update, I had that bug. Hope everything works fine now.
 
djg269
Old
(Last edited by djg269; 7th April 2014 at 07:02 PM.)
#9  
djg269's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 312
Join Date: Sep 2009
How big is that update?
I got it to and its about 260Mb.

By the way i thought that when you are rooted an unlocked(4.3) device you didnt get an ota.
Or will you get it, but when you proceed the update there will be an error?

FYI. Just clean cache of the update app to get rid of the notification.

Verstuurd van mijn C6903 met Tapatalk
Groeten Dirk

Unlocked & Rooted Xperia Z1
 
LaughinGoh
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by djg269 View Post
How big is that update?
I got it to and its about 260Mb.

By the way i thought that when you are rooted an unlocked(4.3) device you didnt get an ota.
Or will you get it, but when you proceed the update there will be an error?

FYI. Just clean cache of the update app to get rid of the notification.

Verstuurd van mijn C6903 met Tapatalk
I don't rmb how big it was, I just clicked install after download. lol

My device is unlocked and I never did any rooting.

So far, everything seems to be working fine, no lockscreen bug and also no speaker bug from before.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more