Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Post Reply

Hard Bricked GPe 6806

OP gautam703

6th April 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
I have done my best to understand the scenario of rooting and other things, now i have a dead brick. Google want's me to pay them 700$ to replace the warranty on my GPE ZU and i've ran C6806_14.3.A.0.681 US_Unbranded this on my GPE with Flasher tool. Is there any way, I can at least revert this back ?
6th April 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #2  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,238
 
2,779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam703

I have done my best to understand the scenario of rooting and other things, now i have a dead brick. Google want's me to pay them 700$ to replace the warranty on my GPE ZU and i've ran C6806_14.3.A.0.681 US_Unbranded this on my GPE with Flasher tool. Is there any way, I can at least revert this back ?

I think the last person that did this on here just sent it in to Google?

@the_laser may be able to help, but he makes his money doing repair so I won't guarantee he will be free or that it is fixable.
6th April 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
If i had to spend money, i'd rather go through right channel. If there is any other way to just revert this ? I am pretty sure, i do not have a TA backup, and i screwed up really bad.
6th April 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #4  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,238
 
2,779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam703

If i had to spend money, i'd rather go through right channel. If there is any other way to just revert this ? I am pretty sure, i do not have a TA backup, and i screwed up really bad.

No you wont have a backup of the TA, as you cant back it up on the GPe as we dont have a root exploit.

Have a read of the Hard Brick thread in general, if you do go down that route it will mean tacking off the back and getting it into a deep recovery mode and then flashing a new boot partition or some such thing, but I don't know what other partitions have been screwed up. But if you can get it back into flashmode you will be able to get a kernel with recovery and then sort out the partition with any luck.

I guessing you have tried all the ways on XDA to get it into either flashmode or fastboot?

@LordManhattan can you add a bit the the GPe section in your guide to say not to flash any FTF to the GPe
6th April 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Good idea, I will try to type a guide of what exactly i did to screw this up. Also any idea of how to take out the back cover ?
6th April 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,238
 
2,779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam703

Good idea, I will try to type a guide of what exactly i did to screw this up. Also any idea of how to take out the back cover ?

I know more or less what you have don as I think it's the 3rd ot 4th time it's happened. Knowledge is power but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The back cover is easy, and is in the Hard Brick guide.

I think at last one person just 'pleaded ignorant' and told Google that the phone no-longer booted, Google did want a hold on the CC for the cost I think...
6th April 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

I know more or less what you have don as I think it's the 3rd ot 4th time it's happened. Knowledge is power but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The back cover is easy, and is in the Hard Brick guide.

I think at last one person just 'pleaded ignorant' and told Google that the phone no-longer booted, Google did want a hold on the CC for the cost I think...

I agree, i am broke as a joke right now. I have warranty until DEC 2014. That puts me into a good prospect. I will probably spend money and get it exchanged. Aslo a good advice i'd like to give XDA members and admins, please create GPe seprate forum. I have mixed matched many things to get into this situation. I am mad, but again it's my fault. I should've not done it in the first place.
7th April 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 24
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Sorry to hear your story, would you mind share with us how you hard brick the phone so others can avoid it? Thanks

I have rooted 3 phones so far, there were times the phone didn't boot up, but always come back after few fixes, to me it is impossible to make a phone dead unless you burn the boards or something.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes