Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard Bricked GPe 6806

Tip us?

gautam703
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Hard Bricked GPe 6806

I have done my best to understand the scenario of rooting and other things, now i have a dead brick. Google want's me to pay them 700$ to replace the warranty on my GPE ZU and i've ran C6806_14.3.A.0.681 US_Unbranded this on my GPE with Flasher tool. Is there any way, I can at least revert this back ?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam703 View Post
I have done my best to understand the scenario of rooting and other things, now i have a dead brick. Google want's me to pay them 700$ to replace the warranty on my GPE ZU and i've ran C6806_14.3.A.0.681 US_Unbranded this on my GPE with Flasher tool. Is there any way, I can at least revert this back ?
I think the last person that did this on here just sent it in to Google?

@the_laser may be able to help, but he makes his money doing repair so I won't guarantee he will be free or that it is fixable.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

gautam703
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If i had to spend money, i'd rather go through right channel. If there is any other way to just revert this ? I am pretty sure, i do not have a TA backup, and i screwed up really bad.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If i had to spend money, i'd rather go through right channel. If there is any other way to just revert this ? I am pretty sure, i do not have a TA backup, and i screwed up really bad.
No you wont have a backup of the TA, as you cant back it up on the GPe as we dont have a root exploit.

Have a read of the Hard Brick thread in general, if you do go down that route it will mean tacking off the back and getting it into a deep recovery mode and then flashing a new boot partition or some such thing, but I don't know what other partitions have been screwed up. But if you can get it back into flashmode you will be able to get a kernel with recovery and then sort out the partition with any luck.

I guessing you have tried all the ways on XDA to get it into either flashmode or fastboot?

@LordManhattan can you add a bit the the GPe section in your guide to say not to flash any FTF to the GPe
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

gautam703
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Good idea, I will try to type a guide of what exactly i did to screw this up. Also any idea of how to take out the back cover ?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Good idea, I will try to type a guide of what exactly i did to screw this up. Also any idea of how to take out the back cover ?
I know more or less what you have don as I think it's the 3rd ot 4th time it's happened. Knowledge is power but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The back cover is easy, and is in the Hard Brick guide.

I think at last one person just 'pleaded ignorant' and told Google that the phone no-longer booted, Google did want a hold on the CC for the cost I think...
Charles

gautam703
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
I know more or less what you have don as I think it's the 3rd ot 4th time it's happened. Knowledge is power but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

The back cover is easy, and is in the Hard Brick guide.

I think at last one person just 'pleaded ignorant' and told Google that the phone no-longer booted, Google did want a hold on the CC for the cost I think...
I agree, i am broke as a joke right now. I have warranty until DEC 2014. That puts me into a good prospect. I will probably spend money and get it exchanged. Aslo a good advice i'd like to give XDA members and admins, please create GPe seprate forum. I have mixed matched many things to get into this situation. I am mad, but again it's my fault. I should've not done it in the first place.

coolmingli
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Sorry to hear your story, would you mind share with us how you hard brick the phone so others can avoid it? Thanks

I have rooted 3 phones so far, there were times the phone didn't boot up, but always come back after few fixes, to me it is impossible to make a phone dead unless you burn the boards or something.