Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with 4.2.2

Tip us?

Hackstervi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help with 4.2.2

So I had a stock 4.2.2 rom on my phone, I eventually rooted it with QBking's method and also used his wifi. Recently I was having issues so decided to unroot my phone. If I need the links I'll pull them up but the rom used was L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar.md5.

I checked the md5 and everything was fine. So I booted up odin everything was smooth then I noticed the bar wasn't moving so I left it for awhile came back about 20 minutes later it still was in the same spot so left it again and still same thing. So in the end now it just fails everytime I try to odin the tar. Not sure what to do from here but can't do anything. Yes I know search is my friend but I've looked through about 50+ threads and I'm still clueless usually I have no issues following this stuff. Any help is appreciated.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1240
So...
you didn't read, search or look through the forums as much or well though.
If you had 4.4 on you're phone you'd have found out that you CANNOT go 'back' to a version before your current firmware version you show you used MDC - that is WAY before kitkat/NAE. There are dozens of posts about this. I know I've personally responded to many of them.
Do some more reading and searching look for the NAE .tar and PC Oding that. You will get back to 'zero' - stock unrooted. Then read a whole lot more and you'll find this is a great device.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

Hackstervi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
So...
you didn't read, search or look through the forums as much or well though.
If you had 4.4 on you're phone you'd have found out that you CANNOT go 'back' to a version before your current firmware version you show you used MDC - that is WAY before kitkat/NAE. There are dozens of posts about this. I know I've personally responded to many of them.
Do some more reading and searching look for the NAE .tar and PC Oding that. You will get back to 'zero' - stock unrooted. Then read a whole lot more and you'll find this is a great device.
If you READ the above I didn't have 4.4 I had 4.2.2, I haven't updated my phone in quite sometime because what I had was functioning well for me until recently , I had some issues and need the phone replaced. Anyways since I apparently didn't read at all /sarcasm I tried on a different pc and got it to actually odin back to stock 4.2.2 no root. I appreciate your comment though uncalled for, anyways thanks for your time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hackstervi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1240
Applogize for the mis-read of 4.2 vs 4.4. My bad.
But my sarcasm does stand.
The 'different PC/different port fix/suggestion has been suggested many, many, many times.
My ire is not directed at you personaly, but the throngs of folks who dont look and won't respond back to the forums on how/if they fix their problem so that other can learn.
Fantastic that you got it working and thank you for posting back! Most don't seem to when they get it working, thus not contributing to the groupp knowledge.
Good luck on new phone.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

w7excursion
Old
(Last edited by w7excursion; 7th April 2014 at 12:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 150
You should always post the links if you're looking for help so we can help better.
Nandroid - drank