Tip us?

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTheKing View Post
OK, Main question for me, WILL THIS rooting, as it says, it will let me do other things that Google usually will not allow...so, will this rooting let me cast any media or something from a browser other than the Chrome Browser? if yes, Firefox too?
It will allow you to run apps that Google doesn't have in the whitelist, and gives you an easier way to use non-Google DNS (as is required for relocation services like Unlocator, Unotelly, etc).

You also get SSH, telnet and ADB accessible.

But, it won't magically give you new capabilities beyond something provided by an app, not yet at least.
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 208
LOL at this point the real answer to the Question is..."Because you can!"

Not many devices that can be rooted are available anymore...Making those that are rooted a bit more valuable than those that are not rooted.