Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SuperSU without recovery?

Tip us?
 
starcms
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 133
Join Date: May 2010
Default SuperSU without recovery?

While we wait for a working recovery, is it possible to install SuperSU (not to xbin as Weaksauce did)?
 
Mike02z
Old
#2  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 318
Posts: 862
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: To Hell and Back
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcms View Post
While we wait for a working recovery, is it possible to install SuperSU (not to xbin as Weaksauce did)?
This really should be in the Q/A forum but I believe you would need to push an insecure kernel before SuperSU will work without WeakSauce.
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128
 
kwkw480
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 255
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
This really should be in the Q/A forum but I believe you would need to push an insecure kernel before SuperSU will work without WeakSauce.
you need to first flash an insecure kernel which will grant /system write access. you can do this in fastboot... fastboot flash boot boot.img
 
lucky_strike33
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 349
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkw480 View Post
you need to first flash an insecure kernel which will grant /system write access. you can do this in fastboot... fastboot flash boot boot.img
Where you get the boot.img from?

My All New One
 
Turgur
Old
#5  
Turgur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2010
I think a working recovery was just posted in the dev section.
 
lucky_strike33
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 349
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turgur View Post
I think a working recovery was just posted in the dev section.
Thank you sir

My All New One
 
Mike02z
Old
(Last edited by Mike02z; 7th April 2014 at 12:43 AM.)
#7  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 318
Posts: 862
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: To Hell and Back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turgur View Post
I think a working recovery was just posted in the dev section.
Not as of 7:40. The TWRP posted does not boot. DO NOT FLASH the Sprint version alluded to there. That would be VERY bad

OOPS. Sorry see CWM is there now.

EDIT: that is not working yet either. I'd hold tight for a couple days and let the devs get these sorted out.
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128
 
starcms
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 133
Join Date: May 2010
SuperSU installed with working recovery now in dev section.

Just curious, how can we flash .zips (including SuperSU) if we still have a secure boot.img?
 
oneandroidnut
Old
#9  
oneandroidnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 351
Posts: 1,784
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcms View Post
SuperSU installed with working recovery now in dev section.

Just curious, how can we flash .zips (including SuperSU) if we still have a secure boot.img?
Soff trumps all. Flashed su here no issues

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Currents:
Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition Hyperdrive RLS 7
LG G3 Rooted/Recovery Awaiting Roms/Kernels
One Plus One 64 GB Black For sale- http://swappa.com/listing/UFP151/view
Sold:
HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more

Immersive Mode on Unrooted Devices with GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode

Everyone likes screen real estate–no question about that. The … more

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more