Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I flash a custom recovery?

Tip us?

Decepticaons
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Default How do I flash a custom recovery?

I'm stock rooted 12b and I can't seem to find where there are instructions on how to get on a custom recovery. Please look me to it! Preferably cwm, but I'll take twrp as well. Thanks a bunch and I'm very sorry. I did search and I fear I just missed it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

tholmes8291
Old
Thanks Meter 192
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554053

VS980/12B Firmware/TWRP 2.6.3.3

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to tholmes8291 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticaons View Post
I'm stock rooted 12b and I can't seem to find where there are instructions on how to get on a custom recovery. Please look me to it! Preferably cwm, but I'll take twrp as well. Thanks a bunch and I'm very sorry. I did search and I fear I just missed it.

very easily done just get freegee "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.shell.freegee_free" this will unlock bootloader, and install either cwm or twrp. from there you can update either with their own apps "goo manager for twrp and rom manager for cwm"
The Following User Says Thank You to reinaldistic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

popcenator
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Find the twrp.img and flash via adb. 2.6.3.3 or 2.7.0.0

on the move..
The Following User Says Thank You to popcenator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Decepticaons
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Ended up using Flahify. Found it in another thread. Thanks everyone for your help though. Mods feel free to lock this.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2