Ask a question

No registration required

The best Micro SD Card for the Galaxy S5

OP nicolocuico

7th April 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!
7th April 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 381

1,530 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolocuico

I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!

I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough
The Following User Says Thank You to polish_pat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Gaithersburg
Thanks Meter: 12

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolocuico

well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsaavedra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough

Will the Sandisk Ultra keep up while using the 4k on a Galaxy S5? By means of video shooting and video playback?
7th April 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaavedra

well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.

What's the story behind those 3 SD Cards from Sandisk? Because that's what I'm planning to buy.
7th April 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag Birmingham

81 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got my card today. Samsung micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 64GB. Read up to 70MB/s Write up to 20 MB/s.

The S5 is compatible with 128GB cards, but way expensive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chelsea.tone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 19

111 posts
I've used a SanDisk 64GB card for over a year with no issues. Before that a 32GB, which was the same. SanDisk have the largest market share in the UK by some margin (which aggrieves Samsung). I never did see intrinsically higher return rates on SanDisk cards or Samsung cards. Both brands are good, both make there own flash memory (Samsung would tell you they make ALOT of flash memory).
You however get lots of fake SanDisk cards (better brand equity), I've even seen reputable retailers get duped, which tends to happen less with Samsung.
Buy from a reputable retailer and which ever brand you choose you will be fine. I personally prefer SanDisk but I don't have a rational reason for it. 128GB will drop in price over the next 6 months (obvious really). So I'd save your money. Faster cards are better and for the small difference in cost it's worth it. Although be aware that you are not paying for better quality "memory" as per se but a faster controller.
The Following User Says Thank You to Airax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #8  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23

138 posts
More
San Disk Extreme Plus 80 mb/s

http://amzn.com/B00DM1BDPK
Last edited by Acaibowl; 8th April 2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: more info
8th April 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #9  
Noord-Brabant

77 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got me the Samsung 64MB
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/mem-sd-64gb-...0000021730120/

40 / 50€ depending on supplier

@degast ....

Oldskool is sometimes enough, but hoping my supplier sends me te 64GB version
Last edited by Spartagek; 8th April 2014 at 12:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spartagek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 56

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartagek

I got me the Samsung 64MB
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/mem-sd-64gb-...0000021730120/

40 / 50 depending on supplier

64MB.
Old school