Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,436 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need help

Tip us?

euro180sx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I need help

I have a at&t note 2, I unlocked the phone to use tmobile and had to down grade firmware to 4.1.1. Its working great but I want to root it now, I'm seeing tutorials and roms but my main concern is will tmobile work after I root it and put a rom? Im thinking no but I might be wrong. ..

vitor3dx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think the ROM you would have to place needs to be compatible with Tmobile by default, so the root does not disturb it, but this is only my opinion. I still use the stock ROM.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using xda app-developers app

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 428

DONATE TO ME
Root on it's own won't affect the AWS mod.

Flashing a modem will, but then again you can just reapply the mod like you've done before, and most people don't flash modems all that often.

You can flash ROMs as often as you want, again, so long as they don't contain a modem you won't need to reapply the mod.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

euro180sx
Old
(Last edited by euro180sx; 7th April 2014 at 10:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay that makes sense, I just want better performance since now it lags here and there. . If I just root my device and keep the rom how can I make it faster?

Edit
I rooted the phone and downloaded some apps ..
Got cpu over clock at 1600.. will I have any issues later?